Wed, November 21, 2018, 11:22:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Crusade Fine Arts Forum

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Shi & Tomoe figures  (Read 4188 times)
pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« on: Sat, November 6, 2004, 15:15:49 »

Got to say that I picked up the new Shi and Tomoe figures Friday, and I really like how they turned out.  Tomoe's hair is a little strange looking, but if it is posed right it works.  Now I just have to decide whether to take them out of the package and pose them, or leave them "locked away".  Does anyone know if there were any variations done?  

When a wise man does not understand, he says "I do not understand."....
kikuchiyo
Crusade Warrior

Shi loves me, Shi loves me not

« Reply #1 on: Sun, November 7, 2004, 00:50:53 »

I only bought the Shi one. At $16.99, I thought that was alittle too expensive for my taste. The girl where I bought it at, said the Tomoe figure was a "variant" which made me laugh. I asked how she was a variant when she is a totally different character. She said it was because she was "shortpacked"., and that she would be more expensive. I figured that I would just wait and go to my normal shop and buy her there.
Overall, I like the sculpt of Shi, but am not too happy with the articulation. She doesn't move at the waist which I believe is very critical in putting a figure in cool poses.
Also, the packaging SUCKS. Billy had told me that he was not in favor of the card the figure is on, and that was the cause of the delay. It has to be the most generic looking card that I have ever seen. Which is too bad, because I wanted to buy e few more and leave them carded.

pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #2 on: Sun, November 7, 2004, 05:28:06 »

I do wish that they could have done more with the back of the package instead of having a photo of the other figure in the set.  A little background information on the characters, story, etc. would have been nice, and maybe some art from the comic would have helped pull people into reading the books.  I have already seen a couple of figures put on e-bay.  We'll see how they sell.  

pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #3 on: Fri, November 19, 2004, 16:09:46 »

Well, folks I've been watching e-Bay and it seems that these figures are going for somewhere close to retail price, once you add in the shipping costs.  Hope everyone enjoys their toys!

hauntmaster
« Reply #4 on: Sun, November 21, 2004, 16:48:44 »

Tomoe's hair is a little strange looking, but if it is posed right it works.  

I think what you believe to be hair is actually her monk's hood. I thought the same thing upon first viewing the figures.
pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #5 on: Mon, November 22, 2004, 12:40:03 »

That's what I get for not opening the package yet.  Your thoughts look to be right.  Thanks for the reply.

BillyTucci
Administrator
Crusade Warrior

The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.

« Reply #6 on: Tue, November 23, 2004, 14:00:18 »

I only bought the Shi one. At $16.99, I thought that was alittle too expensive for my taste. The girl where I bought it at, said the Tomoe figure was a "variant" which made me laugh. I asked how she was a variant when she is a totally different character. She said it was because she was "shortpacked"., and that she would be more expensive. I figured that I would just wait and go to my normal shop and buy her there.
Overall, I like the sculpt of Shi, but am not too happy with the articulation. She doesn't move at the waist which I believe is very critical in putting a figure in cool poses.
Also, the packaging SUCKS. Billy had told me that he was not in favor of the card the figure is on, and that was the cause of the delay. It has to be the most generic looking card that I have ever seen. Which is too bad, because I wanted to buy e few more and leave them carded.
j
I hate the packaging, I hate the packaging, I BLOODY HATE THE PACKAGING!!!!!
>:( >:( >:(

THANK YOU FOR 13 WONDERFUL YEARS OF SHI and Crusade.  YOU HAVE ALL CHANGED MY LIFE AND I AM HONORED.
pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #7 on: Wed, November 24, 2004, 10:44:37 »

Sometimes one must sacrifice one's own desire for the sake of another's incompetence or inability to bend in a hurricane wind.  Happy Thanksgiving all.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: