Sat, October 21, 2017, 08:00:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Crusade Fine Arts Forum

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Post your Comic Artist sketches!!!  (Read 291909 times)
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

Whatchu gonna do when the Frankster runs wild on u

« on: Sat, July 31, 2004, 19:12:57 »

Hey everyone the Frankster here to kickoff a cool new topic for the Fan Central section.  I'd figure we can exchange our sketches we received from comic artists (if u have any).  Well also I know Billy wanted to make a book of the SKetches he did for fans but was botched as a result of the fans not sending them to him but since Delvie FINALLY gave us a way to upload our pics without making a high tech website.

Well 1st off let's kick it off the 1st real sketch i got from Billy. I asked him to sketch me Ana like in her b-day suit but with nuthin showin sorta liek the 1st pages of Way of the Warrior but all of a sudden i come by & he sed a woman was lookin at him weird so he changed it for that reason but it still kicks ass!!!

Another way to kick it off is sketches from Marvel's 1st family (literally) The Romitas
Great story how i got this sketch. It was one week after the 1st Spider-man hit theatres & John Romita Jr. was doing a charity event at Planet Hollywood for his sick infant niece that he would go for a world record to draw & sign autographs for 48 hours straight hours but managed a few hours more and apparently as 5 people were ahead of me by SUprise John Romita Sr. appeared & joined in to help & It was a dream coem true cause the man's my hero. It was one of the greatest 2-3 minutes of my life...

...apparently i had only enough for 1 sketch & felt bad cauz i wanted one from John Jr.  & he sed "the important thing is you came & you donated too"....luckily he came to the Big Apple Con a year later & he  no time for sketches but was nice enough to give me this & i was nice enough to let him keep my my sliver sharpie for the black covers of ASM #36.

I got many more to come & i would liek to see yours too. I still din't put my best skecth cauz it's in a frame. but let the sketch exchange begin.

For the latest updates from Your\'s truly check out the frankster\'s files!!!<br />
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #1 on: Mon, August 2, 2004, 09:03:33 »

by you know who...
« Last Edit: Mon, August 2, 2004, 09:04:10 by Delvie » Logged

COGITO ERGO BOOM ~ I  think therefore my head explodes
kikuchiyo
Crusade Warrior

Shi loves me, Shi loves me not

« Reply #2 on: Mon, August 2, 2004, 18:38:38 »

Here are three sketches that Billy did for me at SDCC. Actually, the last one is for Delvie. Don't worry I WILL send it to you.
Here is Shi.

Now Tomoe, which Billy said that I got the ONLY Tomoe sketch.

Sorry that they are so large, I'm using a different program that I am unfamiliar with, as my photodeluxe won't load.
Now Delvies, just as you requested.

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #3 on: Mon, August 2, 2004, 20:02:40 »

LOL! That is TOO perfect Billy! Thank you! & thank you Kuki for picking that up for me! You both rock!

Here are trimmed versions if you want to use them:

« Last Edit: Tue, August 3, 2004, 04:59:48 by Delvie » Logged

angeleyes777
Crusade Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Wed, August 4, 2004, 16:01:07 »

I wanna post my newest purchase, but Billy has to mail it to me first.   :)  Where's my Sempo cover, Billy?  

If I can find the scan and figure out how to post a pic, maybe I'll post the sketch from Las Vegas Comic-Con while I wait.

Karin
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #5 on: Wed, August 4, 2004, 17:01:47 »

This will be over simplified in case anyone who comes here needs all the details. I'm not assuming you do,  but somewhere down the line, someone will but will be too afraid to ask.

• Do you have an image scanned?

• Save it to your hard drive.

• Go to Photobucket.com & open a free account

• To add picture, click "Browse"

• A screen will open titled "File Upload"

• Search your hard drive for your pic

• Highlight your pic & click "Open"

• Click the button titled "submit"

• Directly underneath your newly added pic are 3 boxes each containing urls... you want the top one (labeled "url")

• Click your cursor into the box

• The url contained in the box will automatically highlight

• Hold down "Ctrl" key while pressing "C" key or right click mouse & copy

• Bring the url here & either type in [ img ] [ /img ] placing your url in between the "][" brackets or click the 4th box towards the right on the second row of icons (that looks like a framed picture) on the "post reply" page

• If you use the image icon on the "post reply" page, just replace "URL" w/ your url.

• The finished product should look like this:

before posting>
    [ img ]http://img31.photobucket.com/albums/v94/Delvie/th_Ju_Nen_Remix.jpg[ /img ]

after posting>

« Last Edit: Wed, August 4, 2004, 17:02:13 by Delvie » Logged

angeleyes777
Crusade Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Wed, August 4, 2004, 18:30:57 »

Thanks Delvie!  Sounds pretty much exactly the same as some other boards I post on.

The toughest part is actually getting a good pic with the camera, since scanning 11x17 art on an 8.5x11 scanner is a lot of work.  

I have a few ready to post, just have to get imagestation, or photobucket?, to accept the uploads.

Stay tuned . . . .

Here's one!

Please excuse the overall gray tone, my lighting stinks.

I love, love, love this Tomoe page!  It's one of 3 11x17 pieces by Billy that hang over my computer desk.  Counting those 3, we have a total of 12 sketches and/or pages by Billy on display and probably another dozen in a portfolio.  I keep telling my hubby we're going to single-handly fund little William's college tuition.

Here's a convention sketch Billy did for us at Las Vegas Comic-Con last year.  Originally, she was supposed to be in a reclining/lounging position, but it wasn't working out, so she's swinging in action.   :)

Some other various characters and artists from my art collection:

Sojourn's Arwen by June Brigman

The Magdalena by ??? (I can't remember her name!)

Witchblade by Francis Manapul

I'm an original art junkie, I admit it.  All of these, and the rest of my collection, are lovely, but . . . I want that Sempo cover.   ;D

Karin
« Last Edit: Thu, August 5, 2004, 16:04:41 by angeleyes777 » Logged
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #7 on: Wed, August 4, 2004, 18:36:50 »

Well since this page has turned into posting Shi book covers here is the one i have book cover #050 of 499 (yea that's right i got the landmark #50 :P).

and on top of that I took the liberty of making Billy drawing the 1st page of the sketchbook to kick it off...

I figured I might as well make it a sketchbook of shi sketches i dont know yet.

& here's an a shi sketch i got from you know who back in november i wanted a sketch of my favorite cover.

My next post will feature different artisits next i will show you my 3 sketches from Ultimate Spider-Man artist Mark Bagley.

For the latest updates from Your\'s truly check out the frankster\'s files!!!<br />
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #8 on: Wed, August 4, 2004, 20:04:46 »

Thanks Delvie!  Sounds pretty much exactly the same as some other boards I post on.

The toughest part is actually getting a good pic with the camera, since scanning 11x17 art on an 8.5x11 scanner is a lot of work.  

I have a few ready to post, just have to get imagestation, or photobucket?, to accept the uploads.

Stay tuned . . . .

Here's one!

Please excuse the overall gray tone, my lighting stinks.

I love, love, love this Tomoe page!  It's one of 3 11x17 pieces by Billy that hang over my computer desk.  Counting those 3, we have a total of 12 sketches and/or pages...

...   ;D

Karin

No prob. If you'ld like, you can scan the top & bottom of your 11X17 pages & email them to me & I'll stitch them together into 450X600 for you. The same applies to anybody. I am off all week & just doodling on the computer.

Also, I don't think imagestation allows linking... either that or it is because the links have .orig.jpg after the original .jpg that the pics don't show up... not sure.
« Last Edit: Wed, August 4, 2004, 20:16:43 by Delvie » Logged

angeleyes777
Crusade Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Thu, August 5, 2004, 15:51:02 »

They don't show up?  

In my above post, they show up on my machine using Internet Explorer, AOL, Netscape Navigator 7.0, and Yahoo DSL browsers, but I haven't tried other browsers.

Can anyone else see them?

I think I fixed it.   :)
« Last Edit: Thu, August 5, 2004, 16:05:32 by angeleyes777 » Logged
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #10 on: Thu, August 5, 2004, 16:33:41 »

Yup
They show up now.

;)

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #11 on: Sun, August 8, 2004, 16:14:10 »

8)Sup crusaders,

Here are three sketches from Ultimate Spider-Man & The Pulse artist Mark Bagley.
I give him all credit for these except thelast one who i give more credit to inker Scott Hanna.

Here's Ultimate Spidey

Ultimate MJ

This sketch was the only one Mark did in front of me & he did so quick & light in pencil that it was a piece o crap. But Luckily the Scott Hanna inker of the The Pulse, Amazing Spider-Man, and the new inker of Ultimate Spider-Man, inked up Marks pencils of Venom & made it look more dynamic.

Speaking of Hanna as an added bonus here is this totally awesome sketch of the Green Goblin which he drew out from the pages of The Pulse which i got at the Dynamic Forces Fan Fest.  He is the most talented inker I must say & look how neat his penmanship is.

well more to come next i will show some legends including a tribute to the ill Dave Cockrum.
« Last Edit: Sun, August 8, 2004, 16:17:41 by The_Frankster » Logged

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #12 on: Thu, August 12, 2004, 05:02:30 »

My newest:

I usually try to only collect Shi, but this one was too cool to pass up (IMHO)
« Last Edit: Thu, August 12, 2004, 05:04:07 by Delvie » Logged

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #13 on: Thu, August 12, 2004, 06:19:13 »

Heya Frankie...
this might amuse ya:

http://www.captainbluehen.com/events.html

JCVaughn
Crusade Warrior

Vi Et Armis.

« Reply #14 on: Thu, August 12, 2004, 09:59:00 »

Neil Vokes did this piece of Todd Livingston, Neil himself, and Robert Tinnell, the creative team from The Black Forest and The Wicked West, both of which I recommend to you.

If you're on Facebook, let me know!
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #15 on: Fri, August 13, 2004, 11:16:03 »

« Last Edit: Fri, August 13, 2004, 11:19:29 by Delvie » Logged

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #16 on: Sat, August 14, 2004, 19:12:00 »

Hey Guys here's like i promised today's topic is legends:

This is dedicated to currently ill Dave Cockrum who created Nightcrawler & co created Colossus & Storm as well as many more famous X-men. Get well Dave!!!
Here's the Sketch of Nightcralwer u made me thanks Dave!!!

Here's a sketch of well his brother was the alleged prodigy of Jack Kirby yeah the late John Buscema but instead here is his younger surviving brother Sal Buscema. Here's a sketch he did me of Doc Ock. and one special tip if u ever meet him never say u wanne be a comic artist cauz he'll put you down like a ton of bricks.

This sketch below is from legendary Penicler/Inker/Writer Al Milgrom i always liked his version of The Black Cat the best (u can also see that in the Frankster's Files when i did my top 10 comic babes)

And finally a nice poweful sketch from legendary inker Tom Palmer of "the ever-lovin' Blue Eyed (u cant tell in b/w) THING."

That's it for now next time expect more to come next i will show sketches from Daredevil artists Alex Maleev & David Mack.
« Last Edit: Sat, August 14, 2004, 19:26:58 by The_Frankster » Logged

Divia
Crusade Uchi-deshi

Warrior Goddess

« Reply #17 on: Sun, August 22, 2004, 06:19:07 »

I'm drooling over that Tomoe pic.
I wish I had known that Bill drew pics at cons cause I would have hit him up last weekend at WW  :'( I'd love a Tomoe.  Oh well, live and learn.  

Here are some pics from the MOTU artists Emilinao Santalucia and Enza Fontana

« Last Edit: Sat, September 11, 2004, 19:17:07 by Divia » Logged

Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #18 on: Fri, May 27, 2005, 05:25:22 »

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #19 on: Fri, October 28, 2005, 13:08:52 »

My newest:

The character is STREET FIGHTER's E Honda & the sketch is by Kevin Lau. I don't know enough about STREET FIGHTER to know if the character is a hero or a villain, but the kabuki paint attracted my attention enough to want to add it to my Shi collection.
« Last Edit: Sat, October 29, 2005, 00:09:23 by Delvie » Logged

Nishiko
Crusade Grand Master

*thump*

« Reply #20 on: Fri, October 28, 2005, 14:31:03 »

A correction most picky: the character's name is E(dmond) Honda. He's a sumo wrestler who's in the Street Fighter tournament to prove that sumo wrestling is the best discipline/fighting style in the world.

<-- has been playing the Street Fighter series and its spinoffs since 1991
« Last Edit: Fri, October 28, 2005, 14:32:18 by Nishiko » Logged

\"How do you know the Chosen Ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame -- for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know, or see.\"
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #21 on: Fri, October 28, 2005, 14:55:39 »

& corrected
« Last Edit: Fri, October 28, 2005, 14:55:59 by Delvie » Logged

Nishiko
Crusade Grand Master

*thump*

« Reply #22 on: Fri, October 28, 2005, 19:00:56 »

Not quite. ;D It's just E. Honda.

Yes, yes, I'm a picky bitch, we know.

\"How do you know the Chosen Ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame -- for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know, or see.\"
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #23 on: Tue, December 20, 2005, 14:18:25 »

I really like this one by Billy

kikuchiyo
Crusade Warrior

Shi loves me, Shi loves me not

« Reply #24 on: Tue, December 20, 2005, 17:47:18 »

That is a great cover sketch. Is that yours Delvie?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: