Wed, November 21, 2018, 10:52:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Crusade Fine Arts Forum

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Response to Crusader's Image OTD  (Read 21942 times)
orcafresh
Crusade Uchi-deshi

« on: Wed, December 17, 2003, 10:53:48 »

Hi everyone,

As fate guided me to North Carolina the previous four days to attend the funeral of my (now deceased) 98yr. old grandmother, many things came to mind upon seeing the first picture that Billy posted.

My grandmother was old enough to have seen, during her life, the many upgrades with flight and such. This is pretty amazing, yet moreso is the fact that she never flew inside of an airplane during her entire life. I never knew her reasoning. I'm familiar with Kill Devil Hills and the area of North Carolina where the Wright Brothers did their accomplishing task. When you stand in the wind there...you know why they chose the site.

We buried my grandmother next to her husband, my grandfather, a World War I army veteran, in the Veteran's National Cemetary in New Bern, North Carolina yesterday. It was a cool, yet clear, day.  :'(

My initial thought upon seeing the *NEW* Crusader's Image of the Day was that Billy had posted a picture of the dispicable Saddam Hussein. News broke of his capture while I was in North Carolina and from all I saw, people (and I, obviously) couldn't be happier. Now - Let's concentrate on Osama bin Laden! >:(    

WTF! You mean Beau is YOUNGER than me?  ;D  That ain't right, I tell you! Someone as grizzled and manly as Beau ought to be in the HE-MAN, Masters of the Universe second big screen movie!  

Oh, well...  Happy Belated, Beau! ...from one getting old fuck to another.

In closing, I think keeping those images as clear of words in that message thread is important. And I'm looking forward to seeing a bunch more as time allows.

:)

« Last Edit: Wed, December 17, 2003, 10:54:31 by orcafresh » Logged

Regards,
--Rick
BillyTucci
Administrator
Crusade Warrior

The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.

« Reply #1 on: Wed, December 17, 2003, 16:28:57 »

Creating a new thread is an excellent idea!  I'm on board.  Sorry to hear of your Grandmother's passing and I hope we all have a long life like that!

THANK YOU FOR 13 WONDERFUL YEARS OF SHI and Crusade.  YOU HAVE ALL CHANGED MY LIFE AND I AM HONORED.
flerk
Crusade Grand Master

I don't eat mayonnaise

« Reply #2 on: Wed, December 17, 2003, 16:32:03 »

I agree, I'm on board too.

Yes, sorry about your Grandma. Grandma's are the best.

New Bern, N.C.?

My wife is from Rocky Mount!

Hey, I'm not a jerk. . . oh. . . I don't know anymore. . . maybe I am. . . if I hadn't found that skunk by the road, none of this would have happened. . .
orcafresh
Crusade Uchi-deshi

« Reply #3 on: Thu, December 18, 2003, 01:09:39 »

Hey flerk!
Rocky Mount! Why, sure, I know Rocky Mount! We actually stayed in Tarboro as Scotland Neck (my grandma's hometown) doesn't have a hotel/motel and Tarboro is only 19 miles to the south away on route 258.

I used the Rocky Mount entrance to I-95 to head back north.

Thank you both for the condolences.

Regards,
--Rick
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #4 on: Thu, December 18, 2003, 01:28:59 »

Sorry to hear about your grandma Fresh.

I'll be driving thru NC on my way home from FL this weekend. In an unrelated story, the company I work for's Operations Office & Warehouse is based out of Arden, NC (opposite end of the state).
« Last Edit: Thu, December 18, 2003, 01:30:04 by Delvie » Logged

COGITO ERGO BOOM ~ I  think therefore my head explodes
orcafresh
Crusade Uchi-deshi

« Reply #5 on: Thu, December 18, 2003, 01:41:06 »

Sorry to hear about your grandma Fresh.

I'll be driving thru NC on my way home from FL this weekend. In an unrelated story, the company I work for's Operations Office & Warehouse is based out of Arden, NC (opposite end of the state).

Thanks for the grandma thoughts, Delvie! Hey, drive safe!  

Regards,
--Rick
BillyTucci
Administrator
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #6 on: Sat, December 20, 2003, 06:43:17 »

Very cool Delvie and congrats on almost 600 posts!!!  Make it a good one!  

THANK YOU FOR 13 WONDERFUL YEARS OF SHI and Crusade.  YOU HAVE ALL CHANGED MY LIFE AND I AM HONORED.
orcafresh
Crusade Uchi-deshi

« Reply #7 on: Sat, December 20, 2003, 14:15:39 »

Delvie, those to patriotic images are superb! I just saw news today that the group of people responsible for the redesign on the World Trade Center space has selected a glass spired building.

I'm torn. I can't come to terms with the fact that they'd so easily build upon, what in my mind, is consecrated ground.

Thousands of innocent lives ended there. The Big Apple skyline be damned! I strongly feel that we should make that area a place of personal reflection; One of testimony where injured souls can hopefully find peace.  Any other opinions?

God Bless America

Regards,
--Rick
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #8 on: Sun, December 21, 2003, 03:47:36 »

I just saw news today that the group of people responsible for the redesign on the World Trade Center space has selected a glass spired building.
Any other opinions?

I certainly don't wish to trump anybody's feelings on this as it should be an important topic for all of us & we all have different views.
The glass building is designed to have an area on the ground floor for reflection & a monument. It is designed to allow the sunset in each night.

(I hope my rambling opinion makes sense... sleep deprivation)

I mostly view what should happen to ground zero as a phoenix rising from the ashes. As precious as the afore-event was & always will be, if the cycle of life ends w/ the previous life, the grandeur of what the phoenix is will cease to exist. I believe that each consecutive moment in life should be more fantastic than the last, & as such, each new project should be a shining example of every moment that leads to it. Personally, the new monument should be a beacon to the world that if you knock us down, we will come back better & stronger. Ground zero (in my humble opinion) should rise to outshine all things around it... sort of the crown jewel of NYC. That should be the fitting tribute for those whose life was tragically yanked from their bodies.

Delvie, those to patriotic images are superb!

I cerainly agree

God Bless America

UBER DITTO!
« Last Edit: Sun, December 21, 2003, 11:01:58 by Delvie » Logged

orcafresh
Crusade Uchi-deshi

« Reply #9 on: Sun, December 21, 2003, 05:58:14 »

You're right, Delvie. I can see the gains in presenting to the world that America is more than being about revenge or eternal sadness over our loses on 9-11. After all, it wasn't just American's that lost their lives and loved ones that day.

It should be a fitting memorial! :)  

Regards,
--Rick
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #10 on: Tue, December 23, 2003, 23:13:30 »

Angelina Jolie shows off her "Shi!"

Here ya go Billy... better versions:

enjoy
« Last Edit: Tue, December 23, 2003, 23:14:27 by Delvie » Logged

BillyTucci
Administrator
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #11 on: Wed, December 24, 2003, 07:11:11 »

I was trying to copy those images!  But there seemed to have been a lock on them!  I'll send them to Maida.  Thanks!

Damn, ain't "shi" hot!

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #12 on: Wed, December 24, 2003, 07:17:56 »

& HOW!

orcafresh
Crusade Uchi-deshi

« Reply #13 on: Fri, December 26, 2003, 06:38:04 »

I was trying to copy those images!  But there seemed to have been a lock on them!  I'll send them to Maida.  Thanks!

Damn, ain't "shi" hot!

Billy, it would appear take Ms. Jolie has extended an invitation to be thought of regarding SHI.

Delvie, you are the magic!  ;D

Regards,
--Rick
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #14 on: Fri, December 26, 2003, 07:52:21 »

Delvie, you are the magic!  ;D

Nope... Just a voyeure like the rest of ya...

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #15 on: Tue, December 30, 2003, 02:11:33 »

Billy, it would appear take Ms. Jolie has extended an invitation to be thought of regarding SHI.

& considering that photo shoot took place in early 2000, by now she's probably thinking: "Damn, those peeps are slow!" LOL

Hey Rickster, I finally got home & read some of those ORCA books. Especially the collaboration of ORCA members. Very cool. Although, I only read/collect 3 graphic novels (mostly) I am very impressed & major Kudos to you & the association you've started. You should do a little (or big) thread in the "comics & film" on what ORCA is & the statistics of it's results. Very impresive. YOU are a champion.

orcafresh
Crusade Uchi-deshi

« Reply #16 on: Tue, December 30, 2003, 02:41:46 »

Yeah, if only more of the world knew, Delvie.

Thanks for the comments. I just wish more adult readers within the present day structure were not prone to fearing the thought of kids getting back into the reading of coimic books. Many of them think it would set the industry back to the reading ranks  and mindsets against small press and indy comics reading of the 1950s. Some people actually hate me for what I do, strange as it sounds. And, I've had my share of bad experiences on the Internet in comics related message boards. It ain't always easy to lead by a positive example.

I'll consider what you said. ORCA's membership isn't just for younger kids. Fact is, we 'll sign on nearly anyone (over 17yrs. $15 dollars lifetime membership) regardless of their being blind, crippled, or crazy. We advocate for strengthening the younger readers plateau of titles reagrdless of the creator or publisher,  and cater to our membership of eclectic readers.  

Now - I only wish I could get somebody like Billy to work with me on a new t-shirt for our group. We've previously worked with Marvel and gotten Spidey to use. Yeah, a bootleg t-shirt produced within the Marvel bullpen of old. Man, have I got stories to tell!  ;)  

Anyway, thanks for the kind remarks.  :)

Regards,
--Rick
BillyTucci
Administrator
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #17 on: Tue, December 30, 2003, 04:37:23 »

I actually screamed at the folks at Franchise to get Ms. Jolie to play Shi.  They were all shocked when I told them of the tattoo.  I was stunned myself and asked "Isn't info like this your business to know?"

Oh well, perhaps the incredible Ms. Hu will come on board to our Martial Arts/Thriller/Horror turn my back on vengeance modern-day gothic samurai tale.
« Last Edit: Tue, December 30, 2003, 04:41:00 by BillyTucci » Logged

BillyTucci
Administrator
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #18 on: Tue, December 30, 2003, 04:38:32 »

Now - I only wish I could get somebody like Billy to work with me on a new t-shirt for our group. We've previously worked with Marvel and gotten Spidey to use.

I'd do a t-shirt in a minute!

orcafresh
Crusade Uchi-deshi

« Reply #19 on: Tue, December 30, 2003, 04:47:03 »

I actually screamed at the folks at Franchise to get Ms. Jolie to play Shi.  They were all shocked when I told them of the tattoo.  I was stunned myself and asked "Isn't info like this your business to know?"

Oh well, perhaps the incredible Ms. Hu will come on board to our Martial Arts/Thriller/Horror turn my back on vengeance modern-day gothic samurai tale.

Both women have the look and charm. Ms. Hu, as you mentioned, might even have a better shot at raising her recognition bar within the filmakers industry, Billy.  I and several ten thousand or more others are anxious.  :)

Regards,
--Rick
orcafresh
Crusade Uchi-deshi

« Reply #20 on: Tue, December 30, 2003, 04:52:16 »

I'd do a t-shirt in a minute!

Billy, are you serious? That would be so cool! All I need is a piece of art (preferably new or unique to orca) and I can begin the process.

I'd gladly give you a bunch of shirts (size, as needed,  outlined by you) and this would give my organization members something new to wear to conventions. Those of them that actually live close enough to a con. Man, if we could work out the details on this it would be great.  

If you want to take this to private email, we can do that. I'm at: orcafresh@earthlink.net

Thanks for considering it.  :)

Regards,
--Rick
BillyTucci
Administrator
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #21 on: Thu, January 1, 2004, 04:54:25 »

You're just AWESOME Delive!!!!!

boomvavavoom
Crusade Grand Master

« Reply #22 on: Fri, January 2, 2004, 01:12:49 »

Delvie, I dont understand it??  ??? ???
What is that stuff?

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #23 on: Fri, January 2, 2004, 01:43:36 »

Delvie, I dont understand it??  ??? ???
What is that stuff?

Hiya Boomer.
There 445,000 or so names written on a disc going to the 1st comet that we intend to land on & take core samples. The transport ship for the project will be staying on the comet until the comet is destroyed; descendents discover it someday; or if there be sentient life other than us that ever visit the Kingdom of Sol, they find it. Anyway, Ana Ishikawa aka SHI is one of the names on that disc. Someone  sent me the link 20 minutes before the New Years deadline. I couldn't get the html for the certificate to work here so I had to make her own html certificate for this forum. The original certificate is @ the link @ the top.

boomvavavoom
Crusade Grand Master

« Reply #24 on: Fri, January 2, 2004, 02:51:30 »

that is cool then!!! ;D

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: