Sun, August 20, 2017, 00:02:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Crusade Fine Arts Forum

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: A big show in St. Lou!  (Read 6345 times)
pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« on: Sun, April 25, 2010, 19:36:53 »

Finally it looks like someone is getting everything together to put on a good show here in St. Lou.  The show is in Sept., so I'll have plenty of time to get things ready.  Maybe I can beg Billy to show.  Show info @ projectcomiccon.com.  Big guest as of now is Adam Kubert.

When a wise man does not understand, he says "I do not understand."....
cristos
Crusade Grand Master

« Reply #1 on: Mon, April 26, 2010, 15:47:44 »

Who are you looking forward to seeing?
pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #2 on: Mon, April 26, 2010, 20:17:43 »

At this point, anyone.  It has been a few years since there was a show of any decent size in town.  And, since I will have been working for a while, I should have some money in the bank to spend for original drawings.  I need to make a list of the artist who will be there, look at some of their work, then contact them about how much they're going to charge, and maybe arrange something beforehand.  Kubert is limited in his drawings, only 4 if I read the website right, and the 4 drawings will be done by a raffle drawing for the right to buy a drawing of your choice.  Going to contact a couple of comic pros I know a little and see if they are interested in making it to the show.

1000th post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #3 on: Tue, September 21, 2010, 20:15:34 »

Well, the show went off as advertised this past weekend.  I can say that I hate the mortage company.  They respectfully requested payment of the mortage this month, cutting my comic funds to the bone.  I was able to pick up a couple of minor pieces (a Black Cat sketch card, a Joker sketch card, and a naughty nurse head shot in a sketch book) and a ton of autographs, some who went so far as to remark their autographs.  The highlight of the day was spending a few moments talking with Howary Chaykin about a couple of things he's done that I've enjoyed.  Pieked up a nice event poster he did, signed and numbered.
It's so much fun to put a blank piece of paper down in front of an artist.  I only asked for autographs of most of these guys and gals, but they can't seem to leave blank space alone. 
I think I may have a way of scanning these pieces in the next couple of days, and I'll post them as soon as I figure out if it works or not. 

pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #4 on: Tue, March 1, 2011, 19:54:34 »

Well, just read the lineup for next September's show.  Must find way to increase spendable income before the show arrives. 

Guest list already includes:
Whilce Poracio, Paul Jimenez, Mike McKone, Kenneth Rocafort, Eric "Ebas" Basaldua and 9 others.

Have to contact one artist/creator of Shi comic to see if he has any interest in coming....

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: