Sat, December 16, 2017, 22:59:36 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Crusade Fine Arts Forum

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Miki Valentine's Sketch Pad [Updated 2/28]  (Read 14703 times)
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #25 on: Thu, December 24, 2009, 08:29:37 »

I don't think http://incubusformosa.250free.com/ allows linking. I could be wrong. You have to go to this link to view the Batgirl. http://incubusformosa.250free.com/Batman/Batgirl_BW.jpg

COGITO ERGO BOOM ~ I  think therefore my head explodes
MikiValentine
Crusade Uchi-deshi

« Reply #26 on: Thu, December 24, 2009, 08:35:13 »

I don't think http://incubusformosa.250free.com/ allows linking. I could be wrong. You have to go to this link to view the Batgirl. http://incubusformosa.250free.com/Batman/Batgirl_BW.jpg
Where's the Batman art?

Thanks Delvie! I just fixed it. The problem was I forgot to make the file low-res as the site doesn't allow the hot-linking of huge files. Everyone should be able to see it now. Let me know what you guys think!
pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #27 on: Thu, December 24, 2009, 10:34:35 »

Wouldn't want to meet this Caped Crusader in broad daylight, much less in a dark alley!

When a wise man does not understand, he says "I do not understand."....
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #28 on: Thu, December 24, 2009, 11:22:57 »

[/quote]

I don't know. Maybe if I saw a color rendering, I might see something that I'm missing. Personally, I like your 1st attempt @ her much more. I like how the glasses are part of the suit. I like seeing her face. In this one, she seems too "Alien-ish" or "Undead-ish" for my tastes. I really thought you knocked it out of the ballpark w/ your 1st concept.

MikiValentine
Crusade Uchi-deshi

« Reply #29 on: Fri, December 25, 2009, 12:50:29 »

I don't know. Maybe if I saw a color rendering, I might see something that I'm missing. Personally, I like your 1st attempt @ her much more. I like how the glasses are part of the suit. I like seeing her face. In this one, she seems too "Alien-ish" or "Undead-ish" for my tastes. I really thought you knocked it out of the ballpark w/ your 1st concept.

Thanks Delvie. The decision to change the design was based on too much of her face being exposed and the mouthpiece resembling a retainer.

With this concept, I'm going for a more demonic look. The half-mask also resembles a bat being wrapped around her chin and references the masks of samurai.

The mouthpiece functions as air filtration and alters the pitch of her voice to a robotic hiss. It' also emanates light from her fanged mouth to scare the shit out of people. The pieces that cover her eyes drop down from the sides and in conjunction with the mirrored contact lenses she wears gives her "terminator vision." It also glows against her skin.

I realize it's not as sexy as the previous version and it will probably go through another revision, but I think that it wont deviate too much from this one because I really like it.

Below are two colored versions to give you a better sense of it like you asked, one without and with the visors:

Let me know if this changes how you feel at all.
MikiValentine
Crusade Uchi-deshi

« Reply #30 on: Sun, February 28, 2010, 21:43:28 »

Molotov from Adult Swim's The Venture Bros.

Hope you like!

« Last Edit: Mon, March 1, 2010, 18:48:59 by MikiValentine » Logged
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #31 on: Mon, March 1, 2010, 06:57:53 »

Yes. I do very much. I don't know the story. Who is she?

cristos
Crusade Grand Master

« Reply #32 on: Mon, March 1, 2010, 08:55:44 »

I don't see the pic.
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #33 on: Mon, March 1, 2010, 10:33:00 »

You need to right click the x and click the bottom ("details" I think - using bbry right now) when details come up, c/p address into your browser. You can also quote his post and c/p the pic url to the browser.

Pain, I know, but worth it. Do it enough times from enough forums and it becomes 2nd nature like logging in some place.

pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #34 on: Mon, March 1, 2010, 14:06:28 »

Had to go about it a little differently with my system, but got it all the same. 

Nice drawing.  Love the heart-shaped eye patch, and the red matching her hair.  Nice pose.  Not familiar with the character, but that's okay, 'cause Miki did another good picture.

When a wise man does not understand, he says "I do not understand."....
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #35 on: Mon, March 1, 2010, 16:52:58 »

You need to right click the x and click the bottom ("details" I think - using bbry right now) when details come up, c/p address into your browser. You can also quote his post and c/p the pic url to the browser.

Pain, I know, but worth it. Do it enough times from enough forums and it becomes 2nd nature like logging in some place.

"PROPERTIES" What a dork!

MikiValentine
Crusade Uchi-deshi

« Reply #36 on: Mon, March 1, 2010, 18:50:25 »

Optimized the image so it should be fixed now. Molotov is a Russian spy who has an interesting relationship with one of the main characters from the Venture Bros. cartoon.
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: