Sun, March 24, 2019, 12:04:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Crusade Fine Arts Forum

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mike Solof - The Human Letter Bomb!  (Read 108262 times)
Weldon
« Reply #25 on: Mon, February 24, 2003, 06:58:36 »

Wait,
Are Weldon and Solof the SAME PERSON!? :o
(dramatic music accompaning the post)

Well, I realize that you may not take my word for it, but please try to rest assured that Well-Done and Solof are NOT one and the same person.

A) There have been way too many documented "Are you a friend of Weldon's?" stories.  There are, to date, no recorded instances of anyone publicly admitting to be a friend of Solof.

B) 'Mike Solof' may not be just one individual.  But may, infact, be the work of an underground subversive secret society hell bent on destroying our way of life.
BillyTucci
Administrator
Crusade Warrior

The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.

« Reply #26 on: Mon, February 24, 2003, 07:55:55 »

I apologize and agree on all accounts.  

We must get to the bottom of this Solof business.

The prospect of the exsistance of a "Secret Society of Solof"  is very terrifying.

Has anyone ever SEEN this Solof?

Any reported sightings?

I've heard of the holocaustic "Good Humor" killings, but I haven't confirmed them yet.  Give me a couple of days.

THANK YOU FOR 13 WONDERFUL YEARS OF SHI and Crusade.  YOU HAVE ALL CHANGED MY LIFE AND I AM HONORED.
Uncle_SIKO
« Reply #27 on: Mon, February 24, 2003, 12:44:08 »

I, Sir, have slept with mike Solof and .....and....and....I had a point but now I just feel dirty and foolish. What the hell was I thinking?
Nightwing
Crusade Warrior

Always on the prowl for hot female comic groupies.

« Reply #28 on: Mon, February 24, 2003, 15:09:48 »

I, Sir, have slept with mike Solof

I disavow any knowledge of ever seeing, speaking with, talking to, viewing from afar or touching even in a manly two firm pats on the back manhug kinda way uncle sisko.  Maybe if he had been a little better in bed I might have, but as of now, No Never Nicht  Not gonna do it.
BillyTucci
Administrator
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #29 on: Tue, February 25, 2003, 05:49:05 »

Due to my indefatigable resources, this photo was uncovered from "missing" Pittsburgh PD crime scene files. ¬ It was labeled "evidence - Good Humor Killings." ¬ 

But that is not all...

There were a total of 31 murders commited and each victim had a single word or phrase scribed on their chin's (in magic marker).

Interesting enough, the pharses seemed politcal in nature carrying such lables as "Strawberry," "Mint Chocalate Chip" and "Rocky Road." ¬ 
But by delving even deeper into the case files it appears that the this particular photo was snapped by a photographer just before his body was riddled with 38cal. hollow-point bullets. ¬ The words "Solof was here" were written on the pavement in the photogarpher's blood.

Most disturbing is not the fact that the case has since been "closed" after it was dropped by the DA's office, but that my sources also discovered that all the victims wounds were stuffed with popsicles. ¬ 

Please discuss at your own risk.
« Last Edit: Tue, February 25, 2003, 05:54:32 by BillyTucci » Logged

THANK YOU FOR 13 WONDERFUL YEARS OF SHI and Crusade.  YOU HAVE ALL CHANGED MY LIFE AND I AM HONORED.
flerk
Crusade Grand Master

I don't eat mayonnaise

« Reply #30 on: Tue, February 25, 2003, 06:11:52 »

ARMED, AFROED AND DANGEROUS! :o
« Last Edit: Tue, February 25, 2003, 10:57:19 by BillyTucci » Logged

Hey, I'm not a jerk. . . oh. . . I don't know anymore. . . maybe I am. . . if I hadn't found that skunk by the road, none of this would have happened. . .
Nightwing
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #31 on: Tue, February 25, 2003, 16:19:22 »

As a long time secret source (aka popsiclehead) I had the extreme privledge of being able to study the original negitive of the man you call "Solof" To the untrained eye most people only see a dashingly handsome young stud of a man, seemingly pointing a weapon of some kind at some off camera source, but I ask you to try and pull your eyes away from his stunningly rugged joe millionaire type features and focus on the tree covered grassy knoll like area over his right shoulder. I have spent literally minutes pouring over this area and turning on my desk light so that I could see better cause these glasses I got are about 8 years old and they're all scratched up so even when I'm outside walking my dog it looks like these big huge lines are attacking me from the skies, and then the ships come and the greys do things to me and and...well as I was saying the area in the trees over his upper right hand shoulder appear to house a large sqirrell shaped being surrounded by either nuts or a hole ton of russian supplied mint condition ak-47s.
Discuss this amoung yourselves.
JCVaughn
Crusade Warrior

Vi Et Armis.

« Reply #32 on: Thu, March 6, 2003, 03:01:39 »

I had been hoping to read Mike's account of MegaCon. I know there's details Billy left out and inquiring minds want to know...

If you're on Facebook, let me know!
BillyTucci
Administrator
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #33 on: Fri, March 7, 2003, 07:38:38 »

Has anyone heard from him?
Does anyone care?

JCVaughn
Crusade Warrior

Vi Et Armis.

« Reply #34 on: Fri, March 7, 2003, 07:54:29 »

We haven't heard from him since YOU were with him.

Nightwing
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #35 on: Sat, March 8, 2003, 12:48:12 »

IT IS ALIVE...

Sorry for the incognito bit.  I only recently recovered from the comatose state I was in after sleeping only a mere scant few feet away from the terlit where Tucci had his seafood meals repeating on him that last night in Orlando:o.  Thanks by the way, Bill, for just making the bed up over me instead of calling 911 to try and revive me...Thank God for our maid Conswella, who noticed after 3 days that the bed was "a little lumpy". Her quick thinking with an amonia ennema will be something I'll remember and treasure for a long time to come...You're the best Conswella!!

Ok...Now, lets hop in the time machine and travel back to about a month ago when one of my customers was leaving our store and accidently ran into (with her car) one of the large flower pots we have outside. I filed the appropriate reports with our liabilty/loss control department and went on my merry way.

Now let's jump to earlier today when I get a phone call which went something like this:

M: Thanks for picking Enterprise. How can I help you?

S: Hi, this is Steve and I was just calling to find out how your pot was.

M: Excuse me??

S: Yeah, I was just calling to see how's your pot.

M: Oh, you mean about the accident a few weeks ago, you're from loss control...the car is ok.

S: We don't care about that...we just want to know how's your pot?

M: Well Gee Steve, since you asked. My pot's great! I can definately say that you have supplied me with the best pot I have ever had! As a matter of fact, not a day goes by, that I don't show each and every one of my customers my pot and Gosh Darnit Steve, each and everyone one of them says the same thing, "That pot's great!!"     Steve, you really care more about the pot than the $30,000 car?

S: Yeah. Do you need us to replace your pot?

M: (laughing) I'm sorry Steve...I just find it funny that in a company that prides itself on being drug free, that someone in upper management would call very concered about my pot being damaged and offering to replace it with a newer even better pot.

S: Oh...I see your point. That must have sounded funny. So, How is your pot??

Well that's it for now kids....The Muse has come out, attacked, seen it's shadow and scampered away. I'll have more stories from Bill and Mike's Most Excellent Megacon Adventures as soon as my repressed memories allow.

Blood

"Tandori Chicken"

Now why the heck did my fingers just type that....

Guess I'm off to my shrink again   M  
« Last Edit: Mon, March 10, 2003, 00:08:13 by nightwing » Logged
JCVaughn
Crusade Warrior

Vi Et Armis.

« Reply #36 on: Sun, March 9, 2003, 12:47:47 »

And by "shrink" do you mean "little person" or something else?

Skud_101
Crusade Uchi-deshi

The Disposable Assassin

« Reply #37 on: Sun, March 9, 2003, 19:59:06 »

hahahaha

He has a small person he keeps in a shoe box...

*Not thinking along the lines of the Pulp Fiction Gimp tho*

Skud: He's here to help
Weldon
« Reply #38 on: Mon, March 10, 2003, 07:50:13 »

*Not thinking along the lines of the Pulp Fiction Gimp tho*

And what makes you think that's NOT what he meant?
---Wel
Nightwing
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #39 on: Tue, March 11, 2003, 00:31:38 »

THE END IS HERE

The end is here
I fear
when upon my eyes
did sear
the local news
oh dear
listing "What's for lunch today"
for kids both far and near!
JCVaughn
Crusade Warrior

Vi Et Armis.

« Reply #40 on: Sun, March 16, 2003, 22:20:16 »

Today (well, yesterday, but I haven't been to sleep yet) I went to church, lettered 18 pages of the McCandless trade, went to my study group and helped design our class presentation, at dinner on the drive home and then stayed up writing a paper so I could submit to the writing lab (who wouldn't know a quality paper if it bit them on the rear end) in order to get it back before class on Wednesday. I will now sleep for something like 3.5 hours. And I still manage to post.

Where -- oh where -- is Mike Solof?

Weldon
« Reply #41 on: Wed, March 19, 2003, 03:10:39 »

Where -- oh where -- is Mike Solof?

....probably watching CNN like the rest of the world....
---Wel
BillyTucci
Administrator
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #42 on: Wed, March 19, 2003, 04:44:00 »

Watch Fox instead.

JCVaughn
Crusade Warrior

Vi Et Armis.

« Reply #43 on: Tue, March 25, 2003, 13:28:47 »

Have you noticed that we've heard nary a word from Solof since his escapades with Billy in Florida?
« Last Edit: Thu, April 8, 2004, 19:48:19 by JCVaughn » Logged

Nightwing
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #44 on: Tue, March 25, 2003, 17:12:51 »

Hi
Welcome to life.

Today I'm bummed about all sorts a different things. First the bums...The Dixie Chicks. I love them. I think they are the best thing to come along to country music since Garth Brooks.  A few weeks ago I bought their new album the day it came out. The first two songs were ok but it was the third one that caught me by suprise. A story about a vietnam vet who meets this girl in a diner as he's shipping off. He doesn't have a girlfriend and just wants someone back home who he can write to. They fall in love through the letters. He dies in the end and she's left alone vowing never to fall in love again. I'm not sure why...but this song really just ripped me apart the first time I heard it. I was in tears by the end and even today I still get the chills whenever I here it. It just touches me.

I felt this song could have been such a powerful binding, healing song during the upcoming war and I was thrilled to hear a few weeks later that they were releasing it as a single. Last week it hit number 3. Then the lead singer, Natalie Maines had to open her mouth and cut down George Bush during a concert. The news got a hold of it, the story spread and the song went from #3 to #23 in less than a week and it's still dropping.

It's hard for me to describe my feelings about this. Music is such a huge part of my life. I love to discover it. I love to listen to it. I love to share it. I love it's power. To me, music has this power to move, to heal, to bond and to touch. The fact that her words could cause this song to so suddenly, so swiftly,  be shut down and pulled away from the public consciousness at a time when we so much need, as a country, to feel, be moved, cry... to touch emotions instead of shutting down and pulling away. Well, this grieves me. This song had that power. And now it's gone.

I'm scarred by what is coming up in the next few days as we move into the heart of Baghdad. It makes me wish I didn't grow up on a steady diet of horror movies as a kid. I have an incredible abilty to imagine bad things. I believe this will be worse than anything I can imagine.

Enjoying things is getting tougher. It makes me feel gulity.

And now from our Elvis rears his ugly head strange but true files....Here's some interesting news from my home front:

At least 10 security guards from the Port Of Palm Beach were fired today when they were all caught hiding in a bathroom on the the basement floor of the main security building. It seems all of them were working with security credentials that were fake, falsified or known not to exist at all. You see their boss knew about this and advised them to "just hide" when officals came by to do a random security checks.   And how, you may ask, did the employees, who were spread out over a 2 mile wide harbor, know when to make their mass exodus to the aforementioned toilet?? Their boss sent out a message to all these evil doer's pagers with the ultra top secret code phrase..."ELVIS IS IN THE BULIDING!"         God bless America.

And as a final note, I just finished reading a beautiful book called Batman: Child of Dreams by Kia Asamiya with Max Allen Collins. For once I feel I've gotten my 25 bucks worth from a hard cover graphic novel. Over 350 pages packed full of incredible illustrations and a twisty turny unique plot which makes me feel kinda creepy being a collector of Batman memoribilia.  Feeling a little to close to the subject to be able to give ...ahh.. well a subjective opinion , I turn this review over to my dog Cody, and my dog Cody gives it four paws up...way up!   (or maybe that's because I'm rubbing his belly as I'm finishing reading the book!)

Well kids...as weldon  said a few messages...Back to CNN FOX MSNBC CBS ABC ETC ETC ETC.

Peace.

M
JCVaughn
Crusade Warrior

Vi Et Armis.

« Reply #45 on: Sat, March 29, 2003, 16:43:15 »

What are the possible side effects of Solof?

Weldon
« Reply #46 on: Mon, March 31, 2003, 06:50:53 »

What are the possible side effects of Solof?

I believe you are refering to Soloft.
And the possible side effects include (but are not limited to) drowsyness and an inability to make up good excuses.
Do not use Soloft while posting.
Nightwing
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #47 on: Thu, April 10, 2003, 18:56:46 »

Hey kids,

Tonight's post is coming from the grand state of Pennsylvania (one of the few long states I can spell correctly the first time I type it). I'm here for an unexpected reason.  Some of you are privledged enough to have met my mom, a fantastically terrific lady.  Those of you who haven't met her, have , in a way, because so many of the things that make up me, I got from her. So if you like my writing...she's a poet.  If you've heard me talk about my love of music...she's a pianist.  If you've liked some of my serious posts...she's a social worker who cares deeply about people and the environment. And finally...if you like my sense of humor...well, she's been laughing since the day she heard she was pregnant with me.

Recently she went in for surgery and when they went in to fix one thing...they unexpectedly found cancer. I won't lie. It's bad. It's weird when suddenly life branches out in a direction you never planned for. There are many options that can be done . I'm not talking about kemo vs herbal or experimental vs. faith.  I'm talking things that were important one minute...I mean things that REALLY SEEMED IMPORTANT suddenly aren't.

For me it used to usually be family then work. Now it's FAMILY then work.  Now it seems that the order here hasn't changed but it has...boy has it ever. The ORDER , the things you take for granted as a given everyday, SHIFTED.   My boss at work says when things like this happen sometimes it helps to "bury yourself in your work." Right now I'd actually like to bury myself in my family.

For the few days I've worked since I got the news, I found that even though I was working just as hard as always, the things that usually bugged me, didn't seem to bother me that much. It's not that I don't care about my job and the job that I do. I care a great deal. (Why??...well mom went back to school when I was in high school, worked hard and got her masters degree in social work and has been doing that for over 20 years now....she really cares about every person she comes in contact with...how many of us can say that??) It's just now I 'm finding that my priorities...the order of importance I put on everyday occurances is different. It's a weird shift, a good shift, a different shift and one I will have to get used to.

So...T minus 2 days into this...I like it. Not the mom being sick thing. That I hate. But the Family before work thing... Because it should always be FAMILY then work. For everybody! I just can't believe what it took to remind me of this.

So...does it suck what directions life suddenly branched out before me, well...yes... and no.  To quote my favorite movie Blade Runner...'"Who knows how long we have together...Noone ever does."  So...we'll make the best of whatever life throws at us as a family. We're strong. We'll get stronger. We're close. We'll get closer.

Along with my usual tirades and irks I hope you don't mind if I use (and abuse) this column to occasionally help me think things through. As always, I welcome any feedback both positive and negitive...so go ahead, knock this battery off my shoulder.

I've always thought you can never have enough friends. Thanks ahead of time for your friendship and support as I travel life's future branches.

Lately I've been a little distracted so I apologize for not being on time with my "weekly" column. (But ya gotta admit...this was one heck of a good excuse this time...right??)   I did pick up the second volume in the sequel to JSA: LIBERTY FILES, called THE UNHOLY 3. Very cool take on Superman, well written with great art.  BUY IT!

I also recently interviewed Jeoph Loeb (current writer for Batman and executive producer of Smallville among other things...) for an online website. I'll get you more info on this as soon as I get more info myself.  And, I got a great chance to interview the infamous star and current senior crusade member, J.C. Vaughn (writer of the smash upcoming McCandless & Co. trade paperback miniseries collection edition oneshot thang...with a gorgeous cover by Jimmy Palmiotti)  Please rush out now in a buying frenzy and pick one up...I've seen it... and like Tony The Tiger says... IT'S GRRRREAT!!!!! And doing that interview was a heck of a lot of fun too! (where else can you learn that his Mom, Nolan Ryan AND His Girlfiend are all of equal importance to him. (Or at least that's what I want to quote him as saying)).

Well that's it for now... next column...The incredible followup to our last Elvis Rears His Ugly Head Story- Local news down Florida way-   SCARY.   Until then...

Peace

M
« Last Edit: Fri, April 11, 2003, 13:49:28 by nightwing » Logged
JCVaughn
Crusade Warrior

Vi Et Armis.

« Reply #48 on: Wed, April 16, 2003, 20:00:08 »

Mike -

AWESOME piece, man. I think a lot of people would be afraid to say all that stuff. Bravo, old bean!

Looking forward to seeing you and your mom at the Pittsburgh con.

JCV

Weldon
« Reply #49 on: Thu, April 17, 2003, 04:18:59 »

Yeah, that was a very brave letter to write, Mike.
I bet ole Stan Lee would have called that one a 'Front Facer'.

Keep us all posted on this.
Post what you can when you can.
And don't worry, I'll still take the occasional pot-shot at you just to keep you on your toes.
Now go on, get out of here you knucklehead!
---Wel
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: