Sat, December 16, 2017, 07:45:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Crusade Fine Arts Forum

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Frankster Files! STILL Immortal and Running Wild!  (Read 179922 times)
pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #450 on: Mon, March 29, 2010, 17:08:09 »

I once ran into an overprotective jerk of an assistance once at a signing by Anne Rice.  I had waited like 2 hours, with a baby in a stroller, winding through two levels of the book store to get to the front of the line where this fool looked at my books and announced that she wouldn't sign my graphic novel of The Mummy.  I don't know what Anne Rice looks like, because I was seeing nothing but red at that point.  She took the graphic novel, turned to the third page of artwork and signed over one of the panels.  Showed the jerk up, but was a jerk herself.  Couldn't have signed on the title page?  At least in the blank space around the edge of the art?  Three pages into the story?  Please.

Assistants sometimes act like the first three letters of their title when given a little power. 

Nice shot of Love.  Even with the shoulder pads she looks quite dainty everywhere except the cleavage area.  Must have been really great up close.

When a wise man does not understand, he says "I do not understand."....
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

Whatchu gonna do when the Frankster runs wild on u

« Reply #451 on: Sat, April 3, 2010, 08:34:43 »

Well Chuck I agree with you 100%. In fact I had a rant almsot 3 years ago about a certain comic artist's (Hint: AH!) assistant and a certain crusade member got a offended at what I called her it wasnt the 1st three letteer of assistant but it rhymed with witch.
I told Billy the whole story at a con when he asked what happened and billy said he didn't blame me.

For the latest updates from Your\'s truly check out the frankster\'s files!!!<br />
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #452 on: Sat, April 3, 2010, 08:55:52 »

Most people rememebr the classic Toho Film King Kong vs. Godzilla

a battle that made two real giants Brock Lesnar & Bill Goldberg look like a bunch of ballerinas.

I was always unhappy with the decision that Kong was the winner of the big fight as Toho claimed. And there was the myth that Godzilla won in the Japanese version. In my opinion Godzilla won 2 out of the 3 battles so Godzilla was the winner and you can't really judge on who came out of the ocean 1st after an earthquake as the winner.

Well Since it looks to me we will never see a much needed remake... Back in November I went made this sketch. I drew off of Peter Jackson's Kong and The Godzilla from Final Wars.

Yes Kong is carrying a damsel but I made it as Godzilla is rescuing her. I decided to choose Hong Kong's Tsim Sai Tsui as the setting (yeah that's right King Kong in Hong Kong). That sketch got so many "likes" on Facebook that one month later I had to make another.

And how to make it bigger by continuing the battle on Monster Land.

Destroy All Monsters was my favorite Godzilla movie and I got add to the sketch: Ghidorah, Gigan, Mothra, Rodan, Anguirus, Minya, and my favorite Gorosaurus.

That was fun to make so last week I figured I'd make one more sketch of the two behemoths and if Kong getting blasted twice wasn't enough closure that Godzilla won the battles then this should prove it.

afraid (Warning not for the Queamish) afraid

What Better place to see the battle end in New York City.
Yeah I based this off of the Perseus statue at the Piazza Del' Signore in Florence, Italy (Like how Billy basee the Shi/Daredevil off that Hercules statue.
Instead of a sword though I gave Godzilla the top of the Empire State Building. Yeah if someone is gonna say that the monsters are a lot smaller than that well...... Who the  cuss Cares!!!!  nana

That's it for now. Yes it's the last sketch of the two.  But certainly not the last Godzilla sketch i got lots more to come.

For the latest updates from Your\'s truly check out the frankster\'s files!!!<br />
pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #453 on: Sat, April 3, 2010, 19:57:36 »

Queamish?

That's a new word Frank!  Care to define it for Mr. Webster? 

Just having a little laugh.  Don't take it the wrong way.  I'm sure you meant Squeamish, especially after seeing the drawing.

And you can make your monsters what ever size you want.  You still have more talent than I.

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #454 on: Thu, May 6, 2010, 05:19:36 »

Well a long awaited feat of mine was accomplished Tuesday night. I got to meet one of my muses and favorite actresses, Pam Grier. Now on my blog I tend to be quite the wisecracker on here but tonight I like to act out of character for once and be serious.

Over three years ago I was mentored by legendary Pulp / Pin-Up artist Robert McGinnis and learning from him I wanted to learn the secret and great tips on making beautiful ladies. So for the mentor project I wanted to do a pin-up painting and I wanted it to be Vintage Looking so I said to myself I always wanted to make a nice picture of Pam Grier and I used that opportunity to make one.

The Painting went from Watercolor, to Gouache and accidently Acrylic (which I thought was goauche). And the results was this........You've seen sketches and teasers for this before on the blog, quite possibly my best painting ever. And it's what made me want to continue pin-ups. And it was clear from then on that Pam Grier was a very special MUSE to me.
I always said over and over that I want to give her a copy of this. I never realized three years later the dream would become a reality.

Pam Grier was at Barnes & Noble Tribeca last night signing her memoir Foxy: My Life in Three Acts. And after a long disputer at work I managed to actually make to the event. Before the signing took place Pam gave us an hour long discussion about what she went through in life. The stories she told were very heartbreaking about her being raped twice and battling cancer and overcoming the obstacles to beat it even though doctors told her she had 18 months to live over a decade ago. And the most amazing thing of all is after all she's been through... she is 61 and looks as great as she did in the 70s. If you ask me her inner beauty must've crawled outside to make her look and feel young. Pam seemed very sweet and down to Earth and when she mentioned how the fans who loved and supported her meant a lot to her and made her thankful I put my thumb up to it which Pam noticed, thanked me personally and put her hands over her heart to show how she felt about people like me. I was touched.

After the discussion was over it was time for the signing and the moment of truth arrived as I approached her and told her what an inspiration she was as an actress, role model, and muse to me personally I gave her a print of my painting signed, matted, and framed....

She loved it. She thanked me said it was "fabulous" and that I was "very good." Hearing Pam's beautiful words of wisdom made melt and feel on top of the world. My year is made thanks to her. Thank You Pam for being such a sweetheart and a great role model to us all (makes me feel guilty that I used to think naughty thoughts of you...hehe).

God Bless You Pam!

cristos
Crusade Grand Master

« Reply #455 on: Thu, May 6, 2010, 14:05:52 »

Hey Frankster, it's great that you finally got to meet Pam Grier! It must have been really awesome to be able to give her that portrait in person. I agree that the painting is the best thing I've seen you post. Your inspiration in your muse must have had something to do with it. It's always even better when someone you admire is so cool and appreciates how much their fans love them.
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #456 on: Thu, June 17, 2010, 18:03:28 »

Well I went to the Philly show for this year.

Just like last year no Marvel or DC booth. Heck no Top Cow or Aspen either  this year, just Zenescope. Anyways anybody remember this story.....
Well Crusaders I dont want to say how i feel but here's a way to explain it  :D+ :'(  ;D :) ;) :P :o :-[ ;D ;D ;D ;D

This morning I woke up bright and early caught the train on time & transerred to the bus and arrived at 6:50 which was long away from the signing. Nobody was there the only reason why I got there so early was because they sed they were only lettign in 200 and it turns out no one was there but myself for the next hour or so. so as the line built up and the time past i saw victoria and she never looked more beautiful in my life. She somewhat recognized me and sed who I was and welcomed in the store with a BIG HUG I was so speechless and happy.  I Spoke to her a bit had 3 pictures signed and took an even better picture than u saw from the bad one from my last post.

I am so enlarging this and getting it signed next time i see her.
You can see in th epicture she has my sketch which she loved an appreciated. Victoria is the absolute greatest I wish Vince McMahon would get his head out of his ass and realize what he's keeping her from instead of giving thos e dirty talentless sluts airtime.  Victoria knows how to treat her fans no matter if she is a heel or babyface.
Thankyou Victoria :-*

Well I had the honors of meeting Lisa Marie Varon (aka Victoria, aka Tara) once again.

Yes I made her a sketch again. She loved it. And she did something very sweet for me.

Billy was a no show friday and i was gonna get a sketch of Candy Cane from Rumble Roses but he was behind and i had to catch a bus to take me back to NY.  

I made out with these cool sketches though....

Vampirella from Mark Texeira

and my personal favorite....

Venus by Dave Hoover

definitely plan to get more from him. I love the riskay-ness  he adds to sketches.

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #457 on: Mon, June 21, 2010, 17:39:54 »

Love the Dave Hoover, Frank! I have a fetish for pink hair!

COGITO ERGO BOOM ~ I  think therefore my head explodes
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #458 on: Wed, June 23, 2010, 20:53:05 »

Actually it's red Delvie, but still you can dream it's pink.

cristos
Crusade Grand Master

« Reply #459 on: Wed, June 23, 2010, 20:55:48 »

Looks Pink to me.
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #460 on: Thu, June 24, 2010, 15:30:36 »

Let's compare, shall we?

I TEND TO ENJOY PINK HAIR BECAUSE OF SOME WEIRD FETISH
I HAVE W/ EITHER BRIGHTLY COLORED OBJECTS OR CANDY...
OR A COMBINATION OF BOTH. I MEAN SERIOUSLY, WHEN A
GIRL'S HAIR INSPIRES YOU TO GRAB THE SUGAR & START
DOING BODYSHOTS... THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!
COTTON CANDY UNDERWEAR ALL THE WAY, BABY!!!

THOUGH, I USED TO HAVE AN OBSESSION W/ RED HAIR, I DID
GET VERY TIRED OF EVERY REDHEAD I EVER WENT DOWN ON
TENDING TO LIVE UP TO THE WHOLE SILLY (BUT BASED IN TRUTH)
REDHEAD STEREOTYPE. SURE... IT'S EASY TO SAY I COULD NEVER
GET TIRED OF ROSE McGOWAN, BUT WHEN HER LOOK-A-LIKES
COME W/ LOW FLYING CAMPBELL'S SOUP CANS WHIZZING BY YOUR
HEAD FOR EVERY MINOR JOKE BEFORE THEY'VE HAD THEIR MORNING COFFEE...

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #461 on: Thu, June 24, 2010, 15:37:23 »

Well, what do ya know??? PRIENDK!!! bighug

pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #462 on: Sat, June 26, 2010, 22:05:11 »

Yep, pink.  I have other things I'd like to say, but they probably would get me kicked off of the board, and I don't want that!

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #463 on: Sun, June 27, 2010, 10:03:57 »

ha ha ha
Clearly, we are here to test boundaries.  giggle

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #464 on: Sun, July 11, 2010, 18:56:01 »

I went to a dealer show in PA. and the only guests were Bob Wiacek and Louis Small Jr. 

Anyway being that Louis and I have a love of classic cartoons from Popeye, to Betty Boop, to Hanna Barbara, to Tex Avery. 

Last year Louis drew this hot sketch of a semi-realistic version of Blondie. And quite recently Beetle Bailey's Miss Buxley. 

I always was a huge Tex Avery fan and loved Red Hot Riding Hood

(aka Swing Shift Cinderella, Little Eva) 

i know this sketch may be riskay so i censored it for your viewing pleasure...

I wonder how Wolfie would react to this?

pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #465 on: Sun, July 11, 2010, 20:53:25 »

Probably with one of those big censor bars.

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #466 on: Sun, October 26, 2014, 18:17:18 »

WHATCHU GONNA DO BROTHER! WHEN THE FRANKSTER RUNS WILD ON YOU!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: