Sun, March 24, 2019, 12:22:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Crusade Fine Arts Forum

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Frankster Files! STILL Immortal and Running Wild!  (Read 288594 times)
toranoshi
Crusade Warrior

memento mori

« Reply #75 on: Sun, August 20, 2006, 10:52:26 »

Well I know lately Marvel has not been very big into continuity. I mean a character they killed off about 6 months ago who  showed up in CW Young Avengers Runaways # 1 last month.

Comics and News at http://calliopes.net
Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/calliopes
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

Whatchu gonna do when the Frankster runs wild on u

« Reply #76 on: Sun, August 20, 2006, 15:42:45 »

not the vision is it (well that was 2 years ago)

For the latest updates from Your\'s truly check out the frankster\'s files!!!<br />
toranoshi
Crusade Warrior

memento mori

« Reply #77 on: Mon, August 21, 2006, 05:32:52 »

No, I think it was Flagsmasher. I will have to double check to make sure.

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #78 on: Mon, August 21, 2006, 10:34:03 »

Another thing that confuses me with the continuity is that Norman Osbourne was in jail when Spidey revelaed his identity.  Last i remembered he vanished while fighting Spidey in Marvel Knights Spider-Man #12 how did he end up in jail.  And I know that story from the Pulse where he gets arrested took place before MK Spidey.

Personally i think bringing back Norman Osbourne was a bigger mistake than the clone saga.
« Last Edit: Mon, August 21, 2006, 10:34:15 by The_Frankster » Logged

For the latest updates from Your\'s truly check out the frankster\'s files!!!<br />
toranoshi
Crusade Warrior

memento mori

« Reply #79 on: Mon, August 21, 2006, 10:45:28 »

The whole Norman Osbourne thing is a big pile of crap. Especially the fact that he had kids with Gwen Stacy. The death of the goblin in ASM was a great story and they went and ruined it with his return. At least with the other goblins (Green 2 to 6, Hobgoblin 1-2) there were decent stories that furthered the characters. Bringing Norman back was a cheap stunt to try and distract from the mess that was the clone saga. As for how he got into jail I have no idea since his last appearance never showed him being arrested.

pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #80 on: Mon, August 21, 2006, 15:44:50 »

Looking at this continuity quagmire makes me glad that I don't pick up Marvel books as a rule.  Billy's Heroes for Hire is the first series from Marvel that I have put a hold on at my comic supplier in several years.

When a wise man does not understand, he says "I do not understand."....
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #81 on: Tue, August 22, 2006, 04:22:50 »

If there was one story I wish the broke out of continuitty is the fact that Eddie Brock slits his rists and Mac Gargan the Scorpion is the new Venom. Well at least Civil War has shown that Brock is still alive but like comatose.

And I agree exactly what you say about the Goblin ordeal and that Norman's death was a classic.  There is one simple solution actually to fix the whole Norman Osbourne ordeal and that is to reveal that Osbourne is just a clone and the real Norman died when he was imapled by the glider.  At least Harry never came back (well he did but it was an android) and I know J.M. DeMatteis wouldnt be too please caused Harry's death is the story he's most proud (which he told me).

So What If Gerry Conway killed off Spider-Man's biggest foe there is always Doc Ock and Venom (who's way better than both of them).
« Last Edit: Tue, August 22, 2006, 04:23:12 by The_Frankster » Logged

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #82 on: Fri, September 8, 2006, 16:24:06 »

Hi everyone,
  I know it's been quite a while but i went back to class earlier last week and been very busy.  Yesterday I met my mentor Bob McGinnis.  They Guy is amazing and he actually thinks I'm good. Well exhausted I'll chat lata.

dawnsawaking
Crusade Warrior

Then you can see why you should fear me...

« Reply #83 on: Fri, September 8, 2006, 18:17:32 »

Good luck this semester Frank
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #84 on: Sun, September 10, 2006, 05:42:34 »

Thanks Dawn I'll need it especially with all these projects driving me nuts.  Right now I already got one project due the following Tuesday and i turned it into yet another Wrestling themed one (well whaddya expect my class and professor suck so I haveta make the most of it).  

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #85 on: Thu, September 14, 2006, 16:24:37 »

Ok where to begin.
Monday:
     Went to Madison Square Garden to work the WWE RAW and ECW tapings. Good show got some auotgrpahs including Torrie Wilson.  It was the 1st time I got to see Piper in action so it was a thrill and I worked ringside.  

This weekend is the Big Apple Con Billy Is gonna be there Saturday and slight chance for SUnday. I talked to Flash today and told him i cant make it Saturday and he told me they are even cutting down pages for upcoming issues.

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #86 on: Sun, September 17, 2006, 13:43:28 »

Hey Crusdaers,
      Today I went to the Big Apple Con. Unfortunately Billy was only there yesterday but I couldn't attend cause i had a b-day that was out of state.  I did see Sparky though with his son Trevor.

Alot of Wrestlers were there including Captain Lou Albano, The Iron Sheik, Afa, and Nikolia Volkoff.
But I got Autographs from "The Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart

The Greatest Wolrd Chamion of All Time, Bruno Sammartino

Got me some good books too Including:

Amazing Spider-Man # 43, 60, 61

and Fanatastic Four #51 (Billy's favorite Issue which he mentioned on Newsarama why Reed Richards is a $#%)
« Last Edit: Sun, September 17, 2006, 13:44:50 by The_Frankster » Logged

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #87 on: Thu, September 28, 2006, 08:43:38 »

Hey everyone, my past 2 weeks were quite stressfull but luckily everything is starting to die down a bit.  I have 4 day weekend (I love the Jews).  Today I went to the Central Park zoo today with my class.  I drew Lions and Tiger and Bears.....OH MY! Yea right that zoo sucks the only wild animals they got are polarbears, saw penguins, snakes, frogs lizards, birds, apes, sea lions and otters.  

Tomorrow I have to go to Connecticut to see my mentor Rob McGinnis.  

"In Japan men come 1st and women come second!"

You have any questions to ask me post a comment.
« Last Edit: Thu, September 28, 2006, 08:44:20 by The_Frankster » Logged

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #88 on: Mon, October 2, 2006, 17:37:59 »

As everyone saw 2 days ago from my appearance in Raw magazine, this was my 1st magazine appearance but similar moment has happened in the passed.  5 Years ago i met Chyna at Virgin Megastore (same where i met candice) I was on WWF SUperstars the weekend that followed and i taped it. I was interviewed for like 50 seconds. Unfortunatley 2 years after that event I bought WWF Divas in Hedonism on DVD.

I saw the DVD extras and the recap of the Chyna signing was on there. I was happy but yet dissapointed that i've been on that DVD for 2 years and didnt even know it.

In the Fall of 2004 I met Triple H at the other Virgin Megastore and they interviewd me. That weekend later it was also aired and however I dint have a VCR.  >:(

Well I must have some connection with the WWF and Virgin Megatsore.

This was me responding to my appearance in WWF Raw magazine back in May.  This week I finally got a DVD rom connected to my computer.  While I was capturing images for picture references it gave me an opportunity to show people my appearance on that Divas DVD from 5 years ago.

Here's when I met Chyna (before she went wacko) at a book signing.  I am on the DVD for like a good 50 seconds.

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #89 on: Fri, October 20, 2006, 04:56:31 »

HI Crusaders, I know it's been a while but that's senior year for ya.  I see The Frankster's Files almsot got pushe to page 2 well I'll be damned if that ever happens.

Classes have been better than before.  Where to begin.  Like 2 weeks ago I went to a non-sport card show and and small comic show and met Keith Williams and others.

Yesterday with my documentary class we drew at Grand Central Station which was perfect cause right there I got the Metro-North to Old Greenwich, CT to see me my mentor Robert McGinnis.  I showed him the work-in-progress and helped me out with some cool techniques and it was the first I worked in his studio with him.  It's been a great experience so far and my painting did look alot better than it did before I brought it.  And Robert was nice enough to give me a free copy of his calendar

which i was quite honored cause he was only given 7 of them.  (so dont ask me to get you one)

And i have myself a copy of The Paperback Covers of Robert McGinnis waiting for me at Borders (which is out of print)

Oh & Yes I did get my Calendar autographed.  

I've notice this page has been low on comments so go ahead and ask me anything.

Oh and ToraNoShi is it true that Spidey is returnign to th eblack suit in February?

sllamky01
Crusade Warrior

READY TO KICK SOME ASS

« Reply #90 on: Fri, October 20, 2006, 05:30:29 »

Ask you anything!
Ok how is it that the 2 teams with the best records in MLB during the regular season could not get into the World Series?

So how about showing us what you have been working on!
toranoshi
Crusade Warrior

memento mori

« Reply #91 on: Fri, October 20, 2006, 05:36:30 »

Well someone who looks like Spider-Man will be back in black. I think that may even be what the storyline is called. From what I have heard , it may be a second Spider-Man (the thing that was up in the webbing in the Other storyline) and that the current Peter Parker may not be the real deal, just some kind of evolved version. If this is the storyline they are going with, it would make the clone saga look like Watchmen.

pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #92 on: Fri, October 20, 2006, 17:33:00 »

Ok how is it that the 2 teams with the best records in MLB during the regular season could not get into the World Series?

Simple, baby, in a series, anything can happen.  Also, the Cardinal team playing now is the team that tore up baseball early in the season, jumping way out in front of the rest of the Central Division.  Tony LaRusa is fond of pointing out that games won in March and April count as much as games won in August and September.  

Good pitching beats good hitting.
The Mets are Pond Scum.
The Mets were damaged goods, while the Cardinals have most of their players at least healthy enough to put on the field and be competitive.  I do worry about Jimmy E, King Albert, Scott Rolen and Dave Ecks being a bit banged up.

Hey Frankster, love seeing the work that your mentor did.  Any chance of getting him to autograph an index card or something and sending it my way?  Hope that you are learning a lot from him.  Enjoy the help and relationship he offers.

toranoshi
Crusade Warrior

memento mori

« Reply #93 on: Sat, October 21, 2006, 05:41:49 »

Hey Frankster here is a pic of the Back In Black cover coming out in February

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #94 on: Sat, October 21, 2006, 18:20:04 »

Well Chuck unfortunately I have been unable to show the work in progess but you will see it once you hit the grand finale.  However maybe I'll show you the sketch to hold u over. As for the autographs I'm trying to hold out for now I only asked to autogrpah the calendar cause he gave it to me right there.  

Tora is that for Amazing Spider-Man.

I will have art to show you matter of fact. I did 2 new burger king windows promoting the Italian Chicken but I'll post it tomorrow.

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #95 on: Thu, October 26, 2006, 09:46:50 »

Hey Crusaders,
 The Immortal Frankster is here to post some recent paint jobs.  This was for promoting the Italian Chicken Sandwhich,

This is at the one i work at.

toranoshi
Crusade Warrior

memento mori

« Reply #96 on: Thu, October 26, 2006, 09:57:45 »

Nice work Frankster,
The Back In Black storyline is going to run in Amazing, FNSM, and Sensational. At least that is what we were told in Baltimore. We will see if it changes in next month's Previews when they release the hard copy of the solicitation for it.

pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #97 on: Thu, October 26, 2006, 18:20:34 »

Hey Frankster, the Chicken windows gave me a good chuckle.  Then again, I'm easy to please now that the Cardinals are up 3-1 in the series!!!!!!

sllamky01
Crusade Warrior

READY TO KICK SOME ASS

« Reply #98 on: Fri, October 27, 2006, 03:37:37 »

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #99 on: Sun, October 29, 2006, 03:50:00 »

So how about showing us what you have been working on!

I know some of you guys are itching to see the painting I'm doing with my mentor.  Well I cannot show you the painting but I will show you the peliminary sketch for it. I did a series of sketches and this one is the winner.

"not quite Misty Knight"

My original sketch is not this dark.  I always wanted to do a sketch of Pam Grier / Foxy Brown.

It's being done in watercolor and the rest in goache.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: