Tue, November 20, 2018, 09:10:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Crusade Fine Arts Forum

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Frankster Files! STILL Immortal and Running Wild!  (Read 252188 times)
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

Whatchu gonna do when the Frankster runs wild on u

« Reply #325 on: Tue, November 6, 2007, 19:55:41 »

Hey everyone, Nothing has been new with me.  It's all been the same every week, Last week I wnet to the priamte con saw Mike Lilly, Mike Oeming and Keith Williams and bought some old stuff to add to my file cabinet.

Well Today's Election day, well here is a video starring our own Billy Tucci fighting off some zombie democrats made from JibJab.com
http://www.jibjab.com/starring_you/receipt/2610212
2 other comic artists who fit in the group, guest star see if you can idenitfy them.

And if you enjoyed that here is one starring yours truly as an action hero
http://www.jibjab.com/starring_you/receipt/2315641

ENJOY!!!
« Last Edit: Tue, November 6, 2007, 20:07:33 by The Frankster » Logged

For the latest updates from Your\'s truly check out the frankster\'s files!!!<br />
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #326 on: Sun, November 18, 2007, 09:06:52 »

Ok well 1st off I went on Friday after work and everyone started leaving by the time I got in so I just spent most of the time picking up on books I needed. I also saw Billy, Sparky, and JC Vaughn that day.

On Saturday morning I got in for the show opener Not only did I see Billy and JC at the table but I also saw Mike Soloff the human letter bomb (but after a night of sufferring from Insomnia I accidently called the Human Powerbomb)  doh2  And I also met AngelDoggie and BlackCatGuy.

Anyways I've been in search to get a certain character sketched.  I wanted a storm sketch but I originally had intentions of getting it from Dave Cockrum of course that's not gonna happen. rip
And there's no way I can get one from Frank Cho, cause cons are his vacation from drawing

So I ended up getting one from Alex Saviuk since he has drawn me such promising attractive women in the past in any way shape or form. So i got just what I wanted...

Goddess Storm

I was flippin through Louis Small Jr's sketchbook and when I saw pages of hand drawn trading cards i found this....

And everyone knows by now I have a She-hulk obsession just as much as BlackCatGuy has an obsession with Black Cat.  But I just had to have it and I saw on a pahe a sticker that sed $25 so i sed so this is $25 but it turned out it was only referring to something else and that it was $45.  But Just as I was about to walk away he sed "Wait..Ok you can have it for $25" just as long as i would scan and e-mail it to him.

And last but Certainly not least Billy.

Even though he's been done with HFH for over a year already I still wanted a Misty Knight from him.

As for others I saw and got autographs from were Dan Slott, Amanda Conner, Jimmy Palmiotti, Adam Hughes, Dick Ayers, Steranko and Ron Garney. And I bought a Red Sonja print from Dan Hoover.

Oh and John Romita dint show. sick

The show wasnt bad but It couldve been better.  I getting tired of these overcongested shows. 

For the latest updates from Your\'s truly check out the frankster\'s files!!!<br />
sllamky01
Crusade Warrior

READY TO KICK SOME ASS

« Reply #327 on: Sun, November 18, 2007, 12:13:07 »

looks like you had a nice hull there frank.  I have a lot of stuff from Small   he is easy to haggel with.  the man allways asks me to send him scans.. one of these days maybe he can buy a scanner.

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #328 on: Wed, December 19, 2007, 20:50:00 »

Hey everyone, you're probably wondering what happened to me, well Since Thanksgiving I have been working overtime at my job staring at my computer from 10am - 2am every night all 7 days.  I only took a whole day brake on the Saturday that Chanukkah fell on  (I'm not Jewish but Meredith is.....and she got me the Popeye set from 1933-36  rockon ) Things are starting to die down a bit with Christmas only less than a week away which i will spend Christmas morning waking up for lost hours of sleep, but all I can say it just one weeks ovetime has paid off my vacation in late febraury so it's worth it.  Well I will talk more after Christmas or right before it so catcha's lata. If you wanna know where I'm workign at again i work for this company www.picturesongold.com and I have been cropping, retouching, and cuttign off the background for every single photo engraved order.  Happy Holidays! bummer

BlackCatGuy
Crusade Uchi-deshi

#1 Black Cat Fan Alive!

« Reply #329 on: Fri, December 21, 2007, 13:36:05 »

Frankster, it was great meeting you at the National! I picked up a few of great sketches too to help me with my Black Cat "obsession" (good thing!!) I've been having trouble with the battery pack for my camera (it's going "Tango Uncle"!) But I managed to take a picture of this great drawing by Ed Coutts! I saw it and had to have it!

When I get my camera sorted out, I'll get pictures of my Billy Tucci and Sean Chen sketches for all to see!

loveeyes loveeyes loveeyes loveeyes

"Unorthodox.........but ludicrously effective!"
dawnsawaking
Crusade Warrior

Then you can see why you should fear me...

« Reply #330 on: Fri, December 21, 2007, 14:11:32 »

that is really nice BlackCatGuy
cristos
Crusade Grand Master

« Reply #331 on: Fri, December 21, 2007, 17:08:20 »

Great detail in that Black Cat pic shades
Darkwinter
Crusade Sensei

"Unfortunately hell has no vacancies."

« Reply #332 on: Sat, December 22, 2007, 14:36:15 »

nice black cat. you and ya obsession. hehehe
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #333 on: Wed, January 2, 2008, 09:43:57 »

1st off right before New years my computer got infected real bad and it went kaput.  So it's finally almosy fully restored like new.  On another note I got my weekends back since Christmas came so it's great to start resting a bit again, I'm pretty much good till the week before Valentine's Day I guess. 

As for my resolutions:
*Get in better shape (yeah me and more than 50% of the country)
*Make more Money
*Make it to the Philly Show
and most importantly *Draw and Paint more often!!!!! (i've gotten lazy on it since I got back from Italy cause it's a shame a I bought a brand new sketchbook in Italy with my name Engraved which still has not been touched.

Well at the end of February, Meredith and I are heading to DisneyWorld and Universal Orlando, I can't wait!

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #334 on: Wed, February 27, 2008, 10:54:41 »

Hey Crusaders,
     This is the Frankster, postin' straight from [not-so] sunny Orlando, Fl.  Now you may ask yourself, doesnt Frank know that MegaCon is next week. Unfortunatley that's not why I'm here. Me & Meredith went to DisneyWorld which we stayed the past few days.  Epcot and Animal Kingdom were awesome parks.  Well this morning we checkled otu out of Disney's Pop Century resort (i was in the 50's). One cool thing at Disney was the at Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM) the animation/drawing class.  Yes i did outshine all the kids, and parents, but hey it's been a long since i ranked best somewhere as an artist.  I am currently checked in  at the comfort suites in Orlando rigth across from Universal Parks. I am going to Universal Studios tomorrow, Islands on Friday, and Saturday possibly both.  I can't wait.  I never been on Jaws cause they were building it when i went in 1993. I cant wait to go back on Spider-man, ET, and Jurassic Park.  Sucks that King Kong, Back to the Future and the Hanna Barbara Ride are gone.

Well next time i go here i'm making my vacation go into Megacon. Later, I will post pics when i get back.

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #335 on: Sun, March 2, 2008, 08:34:25 »

Now you may ask yourself, doesnt Frank know that MegaCon is next week. Unfortunatley that's not why I'm here.

Yah. I'm here a week early myself. I probably leave monday.

COGITO ERGO BOOM ~ I  think therefore my head explodes
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #336 on: Mon, March 17, 2008, 19:54:20 »

Hey Crusaders.
FLordia was awesome.  Dinsey was nice, And Universal was good but as for the studios of universal was much better when it was when i was younger.

Yea so i am gonna go to the NY Comicon.

I just started taking Kung-Fu (whatch out Shang-Chi), it's pretty cool and it gives me something to do right after work 3 times a week.

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #337 on: Wed, March 19, 2008, 02:19:51 »

I just started taking Kung-Fu

What style?

COGITO ERGO BOOM ~ I  think therefore my head explodes
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #338 on: Wed, March 19, 2008, 20:49:03 »

Traditional Shaolin Kung-Fu

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #339 on: Wed, April 16, 2008, 22:11:03 »

Well I'm almost ready for the NY Comic Con.  I just hope this'l be the 1st comicon where I will go home happy everyay with no let downs.
Tomorrow I'm gonna stop by Jim Hamley's show some support to MARK SPARACIO who will be with FABIAN NICIEZA signign Captain Action #0.

Oh btw sorry Delvie I wasnt very precise with what style of Kung Fu I'm taking is actually is that "Hung Ga" style.

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #340 on: Sun, April 20, 2008, 21:41:06 »

Ok well I had pretty fun time at NY comicon I am absolutely tired I will write more tomorrow and scan pictures tomorrow night!

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #341 on: Mon, April 21, 2008, 20:39:34 »

The 3rd Annual New York Comic Con

Friday
Okay 1st off I was there hours before the show with a very tiny line and I thought to myself maybe I had myself a chance to meet Stan Lee but they were all gone witha few people before me. I ended up getting Alex ROss which I eventually threw it away for obvious reasons...

Anyways My 1st stop was Phil Jiminez and I loved the way he drew Betty Brant in the Brand New Day story arc...

I also saw my Kevin Eastman liek every year always a generous down to Earth guy and got a Shredder Sketch

Of course one of the 1st things I did was say high to Billy

I always loved the way Billy drew hair especially on brunettes so i asked fo rhim to draw one of myfvaorite and who had the best head of hair...Spider-Woman. Unfortunatley The Secret Invasion blank cover is a friggin glossy!!!!!!

But it still looks very nice

Well as  I waited on line for a sketch from Tom Raney I had him in mind to have a sketch redone that was doen by Saviuk several posts above.  And he was willing to make me the sketch of goddess Storm. And it's a beauty...

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #342 on: Mon, April 21, 2008, 21:08:52 »

Saturday

Ok so Saturday I was there 20 minutes before the show and was very far on the line.

When I went into the con I stumbled upon Michael Gaydos of Alias fame to draw me a Luke Cage sketch.

I then got a sketch from David Mack which he owed me sinc elast years show. Of White Tiger. Always a pleasure meeting Mack.

As walking through the booths I stumbled upon a table full of cartoons I've seen in Playboy Magazine and talking to a nice lady who happened to be the wife of artistic legend Doug Sneyd who was signning his book Unpublished Sneyd which he did a nice headksetch of a Playboy Bunny

I also Got to Meet the Romitas and made a little donation to their table and asked John Jr. to draw me a Typhoid Mary Sketch. But I somehow ended up with half a sketch

(dont ask)

I also found a copy of Vampirella Strikes #7 which has a beautiful David Mack cover which I've been searching for for months.
And Speaking of Vampi I've had my heart set out on a nice Vampirella sketch and I thought who better than Louis Small (Amanda Conner was also booked for the weekend as well).
I had requested it on Friday and I really loved the way it came.

I decided to keep it penciled i like how it kinda reminds of alla Jim Silke

Anyway I left the show at 3:30 that day cause I had to go to Meredith's parents' house in NJ to attend the sader for Passover.

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #343 on: Mon, April 21, 2008, 21:23:53 »

I thought why not start the dya with a free sketch from Tom Raney I decided to go with Ultimate Rogue

Also Kevin Eastman promised me a Triceraton sketch from saturday but instead i decided to go with FIstfull of Blood

And after stumbling upon an Indy artist's portfolio I wanted him to draw me the pic he had in his portfolio of Popeye vs. Brutus

His name was Caleb..nice guy

Well with most of my stuff accomplished i decided to spend more time with Billy

Billy felt bad about the mishap with the Secret Invasion cover so I got him to make me this nice quicke. Billy is not full satisfied and a li'l embarrassed but I love it. 

Yea he made this after the show was over.

Darkwinter
Crusade Sensei

« Reply #344 on: Tue, April 22, 2008, 20:35:10 »

love that secert invasion spider woman. Are they really glossy covers. that sucks. And then theres the million dollar billy smile.
pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #345 on: Tue, April 22, 2008, 20:38:30 »

Good to hear that the Invasion covers are hard to draw on, it will save me money by not buying them.  I thought about getting a couple, even though they are from Marvel, but thanks to your heads-up, I'll pass.

When a wise man does not understand, he says "I do not understand."....
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #346 on: Tue, April 22, 2008, 21:00:01 »

Good to hear that the Invasion covers are hard to draw on, it will save me money by not buying them.  I thought about getting a couple, even though they are from Marvel, but thanks to your heads-up, I'll pass.

Far as I heard they are recalling them and will be made the same way they did as the Fallen Son covers were, which should been done in the first place.

toranoshi
Crusade Warrior

memento mori

« Reply #347 on: Wed, April 23, 2008, 09:47:03 »

The replacement covers(non-glossy) to Secret Invasion shipped today. If you have a glossy cover, whoever you bought it from received the replacements free to exchange them out for customers.

Comics and News at http://calliopes.net
Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/calliopes
Darkwinter
Crusade Sensei

« Reply #348 on: Wed, April 23, 2008, 16:27:14 »

And to think i forgot to get on the band wagon and get me some of those. Hmmm. my usual luck
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #349 on: Mon, June 2, 2008, 22:25:07 »

Friday
Ok 1st off I went to the con Friday and I had only 6 hours to spare at the show.  Most of the artists dint end up showing up till later.  Billy showed up almost 2 hours late.  Billy sporting a goatee he thinks he's Mike Piazza. 

Anyways I got my 1st sketch from Angel Medina of Black Cat

Then I got a Betty & Veronica from Dan Parent

I also ended up meeting Dawn Marie

and getting her autograph

Saturday
Saturday I had more to do and get accomplished that day
I got yet another Archie-like sketch
I got Veronica yet again only a head

Also Rick Leonardi was at the show and I liked that Posion Ivy he made me 2 years ago. And I remember he did ghost pencil for Byrne on Sensation She-Hulk so I got me a Shulkie

And speaking of Shulkie I always loved the way Tom Dereneck portrayed her on his website and he even stated that she was his favorite female character as well so while he was at the DC booth I was able to get me a quickee of her.

Now he was fun to talk to he was one artist who agrred that to make Shulkie it wouldnt be her without her S-curl and dimples.

Sunday
I took my li'l cousin to his 1st show and we were 3rd on line for th eopening of the Marvel booth.
I got me some freebee sketches.
I got this Deadpool sketch

by I think his name is Reilly Brown?

A Ms. Marvel from Mighty Avengers artist Khoi

And one of my personal favorites from Nelson Decastro

I told Nelson how much I liked the story and art on that Thing n Alicia date story for Marvel Comics Presents #1 Vol. 2.

And after shopping for some old X-Men books I caught Dereneck again and got a Storm sketch

And before i left had few pictures taken from Billy as for who I am we'll just have to wait and see.

Good show, couldve been better but I love going there. 

Leave Comments...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: