Thu, September 20, 2018, 14:07:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Crusade Fine Arts Forum

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: The Frankster Files! STILL Immortal and Running Wild!  (Read 228576 times)
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #175 on: Wed, February 7, 2007, 21:39:56 »

Can I trouble you to pick up 3 free posters for me @ a certain booth?

COGITO ERGO BOOM ~ I  think therefore my head explodes
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

Whatchu gonna do when the Frankster runs wild on u

« Reply #176 on: Fri, February 9, 2007, 16:42:32 »

Frankster,

I think your calling is cartoon drawings.  
I would like to see more of them.
Back to Class Tomorrow!!!
New Semesters, New Classes, New Mentor, and 2 NEW Professors.

I  But my time with Robert McGinnis has been over and I have sent him the finish to my Foxy Brown painting which Rob was very pleased with and said "I came a long way" and I am well on my way.

As for my new mentor that's for you to find out! 
Catcha later!

Well if those of you were wondering my new mentor is actually a comic strip artist.
He is none other than Guy Gilchrist.

He is known for illustrating the Muppets strip back in the 80s....

And my personal favorite which he's been Illustrating since 1995..
Nancy

Yea as Joe stated that i should do more of my cartoon work.  Since i did all those commissions for King Henry Ent. and Aardvark Amusements, i notice people have preferred my cartoon style so i chose Guy to help brush up on my cartoon skills.
And of course I have been a fan...

This is from when I met him in 2003.

So right now the project he assigned me was (well since he knows I wanna be a book illustrator)to a do a book dummy and finish of either and Aesop Fable or Grimm's Fairy Tale so I chose to Illustrate Androcles and the Lion.

For the latest updates from Your\'s truly check out the frankster\'s files!!!<br />
pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #177 on: Sat, February 10, 2007, 13:23:37 »

That's who I thought you meant when you posted his name!  I've got an autographed copy of a comic book collection of his angel strips.  Sounds like a good guy, and his work is clean and inspirational.

When a wise man does not understand, he says "I do not understand."....
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #178 on: Sat, February 10, 2007, 23:19:20 »

Yes you are referring to Your Angel's Speak

I also bought the book from him when i saw him 3 weeks ago and an original Nancy strip which has Fritzi Ritz in every panel.  How the story of how that happened the same day i met Hogan it;s  avery long detail story i will tel you abotu someday (it also involves Billy).

For the latest updates from Your\'s truly check out the frankster\'s files!!!<br />
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #179 on: Wed, February 14, 2007, 17:54:11 »

And how great it is!  Us single guys who loathe this holiday have gained our revenge on happily coupled.  Yea it seems New York was hit with snow, sleet and hail, plus my only class today was cancelled.  snooze

What sucked though was i was gonna hang out with 2 different girls today during my brake.

I was able to get some work done today and i plan putting this one project out of the way and make way for better projects.

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #180 on: Fri, February 23, 2007, 08:13:02 »

Hey Crusaders, later today I will be heading to the NY Comic-Con at the Javitz Center.  Billy has been a complete mute for the past 2 months so God only knows when he'll be there and where he will be.

Javitz is blocks away from my class so I'll be heading there afterwards.  I hope this year will be much smoother than last year. djparty banghead

I really hope I get to meet Stan Lee  crossfingers

I would like to grab some sketches from Olivier Coipel, David Finch, David Mack, Phil Jiminez..the list goes on. 

Oh & if you guys are gonna be waiting all night to see my post the Con will not end till 9pm so I probably wont be home till 11pm.

I'll post later!

kikuchiyo
Crusade Warrior

Shi loves me, Shi loves me not

« Reply #181 on: Fri, February 23, 2007, 11:30:30 »

Cool. Have fun.
I don't know the protocol for getting sketches from artists. How I got Billy to do anything is all just a blur. How much do those guys charge for their sketches? Is there a waiting list?  ETC...

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #182 on: Fri, February 23, 2007, 23:03:50 »

Okay for starters my dreams of meeting Stan Lee have been shattered  fit The site never said anything about stupid tickets or when and where to obtain them.

Saw Billy chatted a bit, and he left early to take his nephew to a rock concert.  rockout guitarist

I got a sketch from Kevin Eastman of April O'Neal  boobs

I got a Veronica sketch from Dan Parent

and a KimPossible w/ Rufus sketch from Stephen Silver

I also met and got autographs from David Mack and Steve McNiven. I also saw Alex Saviuk.

I also got my newest She-Hulk signed at the Marvel booht by Dan Slott and GREG  cuss -ing HORN  flamingmad And the worst part was he was bragging how much he liked his work.  :loser:I gave him Malocchia (evil eyes) the whole time.

Not much to do in a 5 hour show that is very congested.

Tomorrow is a new day! sneakers

kikuchiyo
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #183 on: Sat, February 24, 2007, 00:19:40 »

Looking at the pic of Veronica, I can see where Billy may have gotten his inspiration for hands. hmmm

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #184 on: Sat, February 24, 2007, 21:27:11 »

It was a 45 minute wait outside the javits center for ticketholders to get in.

So I got yet another sketch from Kevin Eastman

I got signatures from Ken Kelly.

I "MET" Stan Lee (If you consider saying hi to him and him saying hi back to you counts as met)

I met Mick Foley today at the Simon and Schuster Pocket Books stand and got a copy of his upcoming book signed for FREE.

I tell ya it was a very turtle day ... not only did i get my sketch from Eastman...
...But I also got sketch from Tales of the TMNT artist Dave White...

and met Kevin Munroe...director of the new TMNT movie

Now I remeber back on the older Franster's Files I showed yas a Daphne sketch i got from some Scooby Doo artist who was a complete Douchebag which he had problems of drawing Daphne in a bikini cause he sucked...... Well I got a much better version from a real artist....Joe Staton...

I also got signatures from Billy, Palmiotti, Infantino, Thibert, Saviuk, and Peter David.

Show was much better today 2thumbsup

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #185 on: Sun, February 25, 2007, 17:25:52 »

Ok 1st today when I 1st got in I went to the Marvel Booth which signing at 11am-Noon was: Frank Cho, David Finch, Billy Tucci and Mark Sparacio.  Finch got in 1st so i went up to him before Cho showed up, meanwhile Billy & Mark were stuck in artist alley trying to help a guy who had a seizure.  So i got my "Woman" book signed by Frank Cho and a buncha books.  I told him how Frank is the coolest name in the world and said he better never call himself the Frankster.

for the past three days i was the current high bidder for the Alan Weiss Ultimate Spider-Man cover which I bid for $150 till the silent acution ended. Then it turned into a live auction and this stupid drummer from some band outbid mine for $550 and he bought like 6-10 others for like thousands including Romita, and Quesada. The bastards never said anything about a live auction  flamingmad  If i ever see that  cuss -ing drummer..... bringit buried

I cheered myself up buying another sketch from Dan Parent and aside from Veronica i always thought Melody from Josie and the Pussycats was cute .....well she had a unique ditziness (well from the cartoon) so i asked for one of Melody.

I got signatures today from Bogdanove, Finch, and Cho. 
And i bought a bunch of SPider-Woman books which i am starting to collect.

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #186 on: Mon, February 26, 2007, 12:44:08 »

for the past three days i was the current high bidder for the Alan Weiss Ultimate Spider-Man cover which I bid for $150 till the silent acution ended. Then it turned into a live auction and this stupid drummer from some band outbid mine for $550 and he bought like 6-10 others for like thousands including Romita, and Quesada. The bastards never said anything about a live auction  flamingmad  If i ever see that  cuss -ing drummer..... bringit buried

This is the cover I was robbed of.

bringit I'm comin to a git ya, ya rich greedy bastard.

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #187 on: Wed, March 7, 2007, 22:17:34 »

sob sob

I actually picked up the book and put ti down and late ron i heard what happened so i had to search 3 comic book stores to get it!

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #188 on: Thu, March 8, 2007, 21:59:12 »

Well 1st off yesterday I saw Ghost Rider and I liked it.  2thumbsup

Today I met WWE Diva and the current Playboy Cover Girl

Ashley Massarro again (that pic is from the summer) she signed her new playboy

When I went to class later, before my professor came in i saw a familiar face pop in the door
by coincidence....

Yup Billy Tucci was strolling around FIT and actually popped in my room.  I thought he was going to lecture or sumthin but he was just taking advantage of his alumni pass to kill some time while in NYC.  He was looking for me and for some professors and met just me. so we chatted for 15-20 minutes til he met up with Sparky.  For the record Billy didn't know i was in that class but it was just sheer luck.

He told me Greece was great and that him & Deb had a great time.

awesome suprise

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #189 on: Thu, March 8, 2007, 22:29:06 »

Congrats on your luck.

& welcome back, B!

COGITO ERGO BOOM ~ I  think therefore my head explodes
kikuchiyo
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #190 on: Thu, March 8, 2007, 23:00:18 »

I'd think I'd $h!t my pants if Billy came strolling into someplace that I was at. How frickin' cool is that? Congrats to you. notworthy notworthy notworthy notworthy

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #191 on: Mon, March 12, 2007, 22:27:19 »

Well today was somewhat of a crappy ass day!

I was playing my PSP on train, ferry & Train and i was about to finish up my game before class started and my prof. called me over so I paused the game and stuck it in my pocket for a while my  prof. was discussing my painting...my psp started to get very hot next thing u no it wouldnt go back on.  And i remember chargin it last night.  So then i start callin sony asking them questions and one guy was such a jerkoff.

Oh and that same profressor from before gave me C+ on my painting.  We were supposed to do a creative advertisement ad of choice and we would then be paired with another student who would be our art director.  My idea was to do a Spider-Man 3 poster like last semester i did that WWF poster.  But only difference was we were appointed out art director's project and I had to do a stupid H&M ad about leggings.  The girl wouldnt give me the decency to draw beautiful women but to make a silhouette of women.  1st of all i hav no fashon sense have u seen the way i dress.  Oh as for me beign an art director my client i made choose the movie but Spider-Man 3 is my idea.

Which is why for my personal portfolio project I'll be painting my Spider-Man 3 poster.  Which i will paint with goache and egg which i learned from Rob McGinnis.

Oh i charged my PSP when i got home anf it came back to life.

Well I'm only 12 posts away till the big 1000!!!

pctchuck
Crusade Warrior

Aww, shi....

« Reply #192 on: Tue, March 13, 2007, 18:33:00 »

Think that was a bad day?  I received word yesteday that the man I have worked for for the past 22 years has decided to close the company in two months time. 

When a wise man does not understand, he says "I do not understand."....
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #193 on: Tue, March 13, 2007, 19:05:47 »

i sed it was a crappy ass day not a bad day! 

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #194 on: Wed, March 14, 2007, 23:48:59 »

Now I know it's just a comic but enough is enough...

Billy Hates Reed Richards.  Well you can Add Tony Stark: Iron Man to join Greg Horn on my list.  Ever since the prelude to Civil War, Iron Man has gone too far and all of a sudden turned into a giant dick.  And after picking up the newest issue of New Avengers I could not believe what that @$$Hole pulled.  Ever since the shocking death of Captain America I've been cursing Iron Man.  And when I read the end of Civil War it just pissed me off that Cap surrendered when he had a perfect shot at Iron Man.  It even rolled my eyes at Billy doing a commissioned Iron Man sketch at the NY ComicCon. 

as for the New Avengers.....

*SPOILERS ALERT*
After the incident from the Initiative where Ms. Marvel tells Spider-Woman that Cap is still alive and that SHIELD is trying to revive him, broke the news to the Avengers tell them the news about Cap, and as Dr. Strange sent his astral form to check it was true sees a battered body of captain america in a SHIELD facility.  And as they arrive Wolverine sniffs and notices that it aint cap when all of a sudden out of nowhere pops the Mighty Avengers, with Iron Man tellin the New Avnegers that they are under arrest.  That sick bastard Iron Man used Cap's death as a decoy to lure fugitive super heroes.  Just the fact that Iron Man tricked them into thinkin his former friend was alive when he wasnt only to capture fugtive super heroes is just wrong. 

Ever since the death of Captain America i've wanted to get the PSP version of Marvel Nemesis Rise of the Imperfects where Cap is a playble character only to play as him to beat the living snot out of Iron Man. 

It shouldve been Stark who died

We dont need a Billionaire primadonna recovering alcholic as a superhero and protector.

Your time will come Iron Man  rip

I The Immortal Frankster hereby boycott seeing the Iron Man movie or buying his cartoon DVD. 

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #195 on: Sun, March 18, 2007, 12:36:17 »

Hey everyone this morning I went to the Primate Promotions comic  book show.  The only artists there were Dick Ayers, Keith Williams and Mark Texiera.  I bought several Spider-Woman comics which I am trying to build up on.  I am more than halfway there.  I also found three Laff-a-Lympics comics.  And of course I got me a sketch. I got a sketch of the Invisible Girl

From Marvel's veteran inker Dick Ayers.  Who inked over Kirby's pencils from the very beginning. 

Not a bad show.

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #196 on: Sun, March 18, 2007, 16:10:10 »

This is the cover I was robbed of.

bringit I'm comin to a git ya, ya rich greedy bastard.

The Selfish Prick has been revealed!!!!

John Dolmayan of System of a Down

That's the Bastard who robbed me of my cover and the rest of th ecrowd.  Stupid rich  cuss cuss cuss cuss!

flamingmad

The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #197 on: Fri, March 23, 2007, 21:52:13 »

What a week.  I am  so exhausted.  Only one week away til spring brake.  I went to Wrestlemania Fan Axxess at the South Street Seaport this week.

[/img]
 Met Mick Foley for the umpteenth time again.

And twice this week went to teh American Museum of Natural History..

sllamky01
Crusade Warrior

READY TO KICK SOME ASS

« Reply #198 on: Sat, March 24, 2007, 09:29:32 »

Hey Frank when are you leaving to go explore your roots? 

and how long will you be there?
The Frankster
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #199 on: Sun, March 25, 2007, 10:55:48 »

I believe I'll be leaving May 31st.  (which is 9 days after graduation).  I'll be back at the very end of June. Which means I'll be celebrating my b-day there.  I hope to spend that weekend in Rome.  As I sed before it's a summer elective course.  It consisits of 1 day in the classroom and the other 3 outside.   I cant wait to see the Raphael paintings he has been my favorite Renaissance artist (and Ninja turtle.)  I definitely wanna check out Pisa, and Venice.  Maybe even Milan if so I wanna go see an AC Milan soccer game. But towards the end of my stay I'm gonna go check out the  Calcio (Renaiisance Soccer which is like a Battle Royal). I cant wait, break away from this damn stress.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: