Sat, October 21, 2017, 07:55:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the Crusade Fine Arts Forum

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51   Go Down
  Send this topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: BIG BAD BATTY BOWMAN's BELLIGERENTLY BAFFLING BLOG  (Read 501036 times)
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« on: Fri, September 9, 2005, 06:05:42 »

so why not? Everybody else has one. 

« Last Edit: Thu, February 6, 2014, 05:05:25 by Delvie » Logged

COGITO ERGO BOOM ~ I  think therefore my head explodes
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #1 on: Fri, September 9, 2005, 06:41:53 »

So yeah!
I drive all night long to meet a crew @ 6am. One problem, NO CREW!
I don't do roof before 8am. I don't like it. A polyanic optimist w/ a stick up his ass. That's me. See me @ the gas station, @ the breakfast table, in bed, where ever you see me I am usually so happy that the dalai lama wants to punch me in the face. But on the roof. Inwardly pissy!

I have a history of being late. Everybody in the company jokes about it. I also have a history w/ the boss of the boss of the crew I am meeting. He used to be my boss. He screwed me so bad that 6 yrs later, my ass is still sore! So when he tells my boss (knowing full well that I don't like being on the roof @ 6am) that the crew will meet me @ 6am, I ask if he is truely adamant about this. So anyway, there I was. Pissy. I am working away w/ the intention of calling my boss @ 8am & thanking him for believing that I wouldn't be alone. Phone rings & it's 8:04am. My boss has the assistant of the guy I hate on the phone & he wants to know when I am going to be on the roof. "Ummm... I'm on the roof. I've been here forever marking it up." "How'd we miss you?" "Don't know, but here I am" Turns out, he & the crew were on the ground & never bothered to look on the roof for me. Where the F%@K else would you find the roof inspector?

So yeah, my day starts w/ me being pissy on a roof all alone. Then somebody lying trying to get me in trouble. So that gets straightened out just in time for me to call & wake Lickie up. Sadly, the last of her gerbil triplets passed away in the night. She doesn't do death well. So she says she needs to stay off the phone as much as possible because today is supposed to be MY day & she doesn't want to bring me down. So, I guess phone sex tonight is probably out. I hope she feels better soon.

Anyway, it is 6hrs into my birthday, I don't drink, but I damn sure feel like getting pissed. While I am writing this, I am laughing & have a grin on my face, so DON'T start feeling sorry for Delvie. My day, crappy as it may sound, has actually given me perspective. Besides, I could be snorkling in New Orleans.

I did see two 3yr olds @ lunch w/ funny shirts on that made me laugh, though.
One said
"All Mommy Wanted Was A Back Rub"
The other said
"Now That I'm Safe, I'm Pro Choice"

In light of that, I have high hopes for the rest of the day.

R I P    "S I S"

« Last Edit: Fri, September 9, 2005, 08:55:18 by Delvie » Logged

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #2 on: Fri, September 9, 2005, 11:51:51 »

& then the City Inspector shows up.

LOL

jsniderfamily
Crusade Warrior

Glad to still be reading comics in my 50's.

« Reply #3 on: Fri, September 9, 2005, 13:10:25 »

The world needs blogs.  Keep it up!

BillyTucci
Administrator
Crusade Warrior

The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.

« Reply #4 on: Fri, September 9, 2005, 13:46:31 »

Oh Hell, Happy Birthday!!!! :P

THANK YOU FOR 13 WONDERFUL YEARS OF SHI and Crusade.  YOU HAVE ALL CHANGED MY LIFE AND I AM HONORED.
kikuchiyo
Crusade Warrior

Shi loves me, Shi loves me not

« Reply #5 on: Fri, September 9, 2005, 14:01:10 »

Happy B-day to you.

cristos
Crusade Grand Master

« Reply #6 on: Fri, September 9, 2005, 15:12:14 »

Happy belated Birthday Delvie! :D
flerk
Crusade Grand Master

I don't eat mayonnaise

« Reply #7 on: Sun, September 11, 2005, 14:02:51 »

Happy batty, belated birthday!

I was thinking the other day why you didn't have your own thread

I look forward to more.
« Last Edit: Mon, September 12, 2005, 05:41:59 by flerk1 » Logged

Hey, I'm not a jerk. . . oh. . . I don't know anymore. . . maybe I am. . . if I hadn't found that skunk by the road, none of this would have happened. . .
suryanijan
Crusade Sensei

« Reply #8 on: Tue, September 13, 2005, 06:27:23 »

Happy B-lated B-day, dude!  Sorry to hear about the gerbils and loved the T-shirts.  Scribe more, my man!

Bigotry is not attractive.  Neither is stupidity.  So stop it.
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #9 on: Fri, September 16, 2005, 05:46:39 »

Thank you everybody for the Bday wishes.

Not much has happened since I was here last. Just working in the Miami sun. I've been here a week & it hasn't rained once. While I'm not complaining, I am rather surprised. The company I work for is based out of North Carolina so I guess I can say my greedy homies in the NC are hogging all the aqua. The evil bastads!

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #10 on: Thu, October 20, 2005, 22:07:09 »

So yah. I'm in Anchorage, AK. W/in 10 mins of entering the gate, I piss off the natives.

I'm getting my rental car & the gentleman behind the counter asks me if I need any directions (apparently, I've always got a lost look on my face). So I tell him "Sure, directions to Comfort Inn would be nice." He pulls out a map & pen & begins, "you'll exit the airport on International Dr. Turn left on C st. C st turns into a one way the wrong direction after a mile so you'll want to follow the split onto A st. Go to 3rd ave & make a left to E st. Turn right to 1st st." It's at this point that I snicker, grin & ask "Why do I feel like I'm in an episode of Sesame Street?"

He was less than amused.
« Last Edit: Thu, October 20, 2005, 22:13:52 by Delvie » Logged

jsniderfamily
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #11 on: Fri, October 21, 2005, 00:39:51 »

Isn't Alaska so far north that all directions would be just south?

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #12 on: Fri, October 21, 2005, 07:42:44 »

Almost. Most of Alaska is north of me, though.

One neat thing is for once I am farther north than Nishi-babe so I can actually get away w/ saying "I'm on top this time".

Nishiko
Crusade Grand Master

*thump*

« Reply #13 on: Sat, October 22, 2005, 20:15:12 »

You're too far off to the side to be on top. What is it with men and their lousy sense of direction? Sheesh. ::)

\"How do you know the Chosen Ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame -- for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know, or see.\"
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #14 on: Wed, October 26, 2005, 00:03:46 »

Well, you know...

jsniderfamily
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #15 on: Wed, October 26, 2005, 00:38:19 »

It goes for depth perception too.
This is 12 inches
---------------------

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #16 on: Wed, October 26, 2005, 03:09:14 »

Oh, you just had to go there...
« Last Edit: Wed, October 26, 2005, 03:09:51 by Delvie » Logged

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #17 on: Sat, November 12, 2005, 02:31:16 »

So the season for my fav sport is now over. Grrr.

Congrats to LITHUANIA for winning the WORLDS STRONGEST NATION event

& congrats to ALL the competitors of the WSM event. Regardless how you placed, each of you are truely inspiring.

Special congrats to Zydrunas Savickas. Not only did you slaughter 3 records, but you are now the World's Strongest Man.

Also special congrats to Phil Pfister of USA who placed 6th, Travis Ortmayer of USA who placed 10th, Geoff Dolan of Canada who placed 11th & Karl Gillingham of USA who placed 12th. Congrats again to the rest of the competitors.

http://ifsastrongman.com/images/strongman2.avi

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #18 on: Sat, November 12, 2005, 02:32:14 »

As Nishi-babe has pointed out, sense of direction is not always my forte. So it should be of no surprise that I got extremely lost traveling from Panama City, FL to Tuscaloosa, AL. Luckily, I had my camera w/ me, so I could show you those who were helpful or not quite so helpful. I ran into a 20' iron rooster made of bumpers. He was not quite as helpful as I recall big bird being.

Next came a rather tight lipped Trojan

I was happy to see that I wasn't the only 1 lost...

Anyway, I hope everybody had a happy veteran's day. Here are a few pictures I took today for the occasion:

Have a good weekend!

jsniderfamily
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #19 on: Sat, November 12, 2005, 10:00:03 »

Always like your pictures!!

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #20 on: Sun, November 13, 2005, 03:00:07 »

BillyTucci
Administrator
Crusade Warrior

The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.

« Reply #21 on: Thu, November 17, 2005, 12:40:31 »

Holy crap Delvie,
I'm so sorry I missed you getting hurt.  I'm really, really sorry.  Gotta start reading my damn forum more don't I?

Son of a bitch! >:(

THANK YOU FOR 13 WONDERFUL YEARS OF SHI and Crusade.  YOU HAVE ALL CHANGED MY LIFE AND I AM HONORED.
Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #22 on: Wed, November 23, 2005, 04:03:00 »

I went to see Harry Potter 3 last night. I would have prefered to watch it on IMAX, but Lickie wasn't feeling well & IMAX only makes her headcaches worse (vertigo?). I suggest that if anybody goes to see it & has the choice of IMAX vs regular Theater, you go IMAX. The movie was rather anti-climactic. I am hoping there are a lot of scenes on the extended DVDs that were missing from the movie. Having not read the book, I still have to say there were a lot of missing scenes. The plot sort of centers around a wizard's tournament represented by each of the schools. The tournament involves 3 tests. The 1st test was a HUGE let down to me. The tournament starts @ Harry's participation. They completely skip over the other 3 contestants. The tournament ends w/ a scene between Harry & an enemy whose name I won't mention. A battle ensues that is entirely too short. The end. When it went to credits I was like "Is that it?" What about this?" "What about that?" Lickie tells me that "my answers are in the next book & I just have to wait" but I certainly hope that there is atleast another 30 - 40 mins of cut material in the Extended edition DVD. Overall, it was a good movie, both for Harry Potter fans & those not so interested in HP.
I completely forgot that Zorro was still in the theaters, so I will be going back on Sunday to see it. Followed by Aeon Flux & then Narnia. The one I am really looking forward to, however, is Pirates of the Carribean in July.

« Last Edit: Wed, November 23, 2005, 04:15:05 by Delvie » Logged

jsniderfamily
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #23 on: Wed, November 23, 2005, 04:57:45 »

1st of all, congrats on 2500 posts!!!

I agree with the let down on the 1st test.  The first 3 were glossed over while they only focused on Harry.
It is all about Harry.  Why are snooty girls always French?  Who was propping up that really tall woman?
I was expecting several elves to pop out under that stilt dress.  She looked like she would fall down at any moment also.  I liked the dragon flying scene and Valtimort looked like a burn victim.  Hey the guy in the English Patient was also a burn victim.  A coincidence, I think not.
« Last Edit: Wed, November 23, 2005, 04:58:50 by jsniderfamily » Logged

Delvie
Crusader
Crusade Warrior

« Reply #24 on: Wed, November 23, 2005, 06:43:07 »

The movie would have been better watching all 4 dragons, IMO. Lickie says dragons cost money.
The movie WAS 2:30 long.  I imagine they had to cut a lot of shot scenes out. I bet they are probably in the DVDs. I just hope they do what Peter Jackson does & puts the missing scenes "IN" the movie as opposed to viewing them seperately. Hopefully, all producers/directors will start moving towards that direction.

LOL about the tall mistress. I expected more interaction between her & Hagrid. Lickie wasn't too impressed w/ her eating the food off of his beard. LOL. She told me not to expect her to do that. LOL

Also, from the making of scenes. I expected Lucius (sp?) to have a bigger role in the end. Guess not.

Was a bit disappointed that Harry didn't acknowledge Fawkes in Dumbledore's chamber. DAMN, I SO love that stairwell.
« Last Edit: Wed, November 23, 2005, 18:47:39 by Delvie » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51   Go Up
  Send this topic  |  Print  

Jump to: